CHAPTER 8 : Move Forward!

You and Giyu arrive at the old village, and it appears eerily abandoned. There's a sense of foreboding in the air as you both step cautiously into the village, keeping a keen eye out for any signs of demons or danger. The sun's warm rays cast long shadows between the dilapidated buildings, creating an unsettling atmosphere. 

Giyu, always vigilant, moves silently ahead of you, his eyes scanning the surroundings for any unusual activity. You follow closely, your hand gripping the hilt of your sword, ready for whatever may come. You split up with Giyu. Minutes later, you walk there in the dim light of dusk, the quiet village around you giving off an eerie feeling. The anticipation is palpable as you remain on high alert, ready to face whatever threat may come your way.

Time passes slowly, the minutes feeling like hours as you keep your senses sharp and your guard up.

The village remains eerily quiet, devoid of any signs of demonic presence. It's both a relief and a cause for concern. The absence of demons means the villagers are safe for now, but it also raises questions about why there was a reported demon sighting in the first place.

As the first rays of sunlight begin to break through the horizon, you wait with Giyu in the meeting place. Giyu approaches you, his expression unchanged as he catches his breath. "It seems that the demon hasn't made its move yet," he responds in his usual calm tone.

"Let's make sure the village is secure and then report back to Master Ubuyashiki," Giyu suggests, his usual stoic demeanor in place as he takes the lead once more.

The contrast between the bustling village in the morning and the eerie stillness of the previous night couldn't be more stark.

Giyu and you exchange a glance, silently contemplating the situation.

Both of you start moving to report to master Ubuyashiki. Your unexpected encounter with the generous vendor warms your heart. The kind gesture of providing you with warm breads for free as a token of appreciation for the demon slayers' protection strikes a chord with you. Giyu seems slightly taken aback by your gesture as you approach him, sharing the bread. He doesn't say anything, but there's a small flicker of surprise in his eyes before his expression returns to its usual stoic demeanor. He accepts the bread from you, his fingers brushing against yours for a brief moment.

"Thank you," he says quietly, his voice steady. While his words are simple, you can sense a hint of gratitude in them. It's a rare glimpse into his emotions, and you find yourself treasuring it.

...

Sitting across from Giyu in his dining room, you listen to the discussion about the recent demon activity in the village and Master Ubuyashiki's decision to appoint an investigator. 

Giyu, with his usual stoic expression, takes a sip of his tea. You can tell that he's deep in thought, his mind focused on the mission at hand. As Giyu opens up about his past, you listen attentively, absorbing every word he shares. His voice carries a mix of emotions – sadness, determination, and a hint of vulnerability. The weight of his words is palpable, and you can sense the pain he must have endured in his journey to become a Hashira.

Giyu: "My sister was taken away from me by Demons, nobody believed me then. I trained under Master Ubuyashiki to avenge my sister."

As Giyuu continues to open up, you listen intently, feeling a pang of empathy for the weight he carries. His voice carries a deep sense of introspection and self-doubt, revealing the inner struggles he faces as a Hashira. The admission that he doesn't see himself as worthy of the title of Hashira resonates deeply, and you can sense the conflict within him. Giyuu's mention of Sabito, someone he seemingly holds in high regard, adds another layer to his internal battle.

The way he talks about Sabito suggests that he may compare himself unfavorably to his late friend. It's clear that Giyuu is grappling with his own perceived shortcomings and regrets, which has led him to question his role and worth as a Hashira. 

"Please, Giyuu," you implore, your voice steady and reassuring. Your voice breaks the silence that hangs in the air, your words carrying a tone of sincerity and empathy. Giyuu's eyes slowly return to meet yours as you address his self-doubts and the burden of survivor's guilt that seems to weigh heavily on him.  "Don't act on that survivor's guilt. Your life is valuable, not just to you, but to the people who care about you and to those who've sacrificed themselves to protect others. You carry their legacy with you."

You lean in slightly, your eyes locked with his, filled with a mixture of compassion and determination. 

"You must cherish your life and live on for them. They believed in you, in your strength and your purpose as a Hashira. You can honor their memory by continuing to fight and protect, by making sure their sacrifices weren't in vain." 

You understand that Giyuu may carry a heavy burden, but you're determined to be there for him, to remind him of his worth and the impact he's had as the Water Hashira. You stand and your arms envelop Giyuu in a warm, comforting embrace. You can feel his initial surprise gradually give way to acceptance as he tentatively returns the hug. His apology, spoken in a hushed tone, carries a weight of vulnerability and self-reflection. 

"You're not being selfish," you whisper back, your voice gentle and reassuring. "It's okay to have doubts and insecurities. We all do at times. But remember, you're not alone in this. We'll face it together, just like we face demons together." 

In that intimate moment, with Giyuu's head resting against above your head and his breathing steady, a sense of calm settles over you. His presence feels comforting, and you find yourself cherishing this quiet connection. The soft rise and fall of Giyuu's breathing becomes a lullaby, cradling you into a state of restful slumber. 

As you drift off into the realm of dreams, the worries and cares of the waking world fade away, leaving you with a sense of warmth and contentment. In the quiet of that moment, entwined with Giyuu's presence, you find solace and respite. It's as if the world beyond the darkness ceases to exist, and all that matters is the gentle connection you share. Sleep wraps its gentle arms around you, and you succumb to its embrace, knowing that you are safe and at peace in this fleeting, tranquil moment.

**Hope you like. Please vote and continue reading! 

**if you want to download the picture above you can copy this link:

https://www.peakpx.com/en/hd-wallpaper-desktop-eojdt