three

It was about noon when Jasmine woke up. She looked around her tent with knitted eyebrows, not sure if she had dreamt the whole incident. When she left her tent and looked around the small village, she saw her brother sitting in front of Katara's tent. He still had a grumpy expression on his face as he played with his ice breaker mindlessly. The youngest decided to keep Sokka company and sat down beside him as a yawn escaped her lips.

"Sleep well?" He glanced at her and received a nod in response. With a nod he turned back to his weapon. Until they had arrived at the village, not only was Jasmine asleep but Aang as well. Sokka had carried her to her tent before going back and getting the airbender as well. But only after Katara scolded him for wanting to let Aang sleep on the bison.

Katara more or less barged out of the tent, dragging Aang with her who had some kind of staff in his hand. Jumping in her seat, Jasmine quickly got up as well, Sokka following her lead. So it wasn't a dream.

Katara had called out for their grandmother and the village that the boy finally woke up. Not long after, all of the few villagers gathered at Katara's tent. "Aang this is the entire village," she said and pointed at the few women and children in front of them. "Entire village, this is Aang."

Aang quickly recovered from the bewildered moment and bowed in respect as a greeting. He was glad that Katara and her siblings had taken him in and were so friendly to him. He couldn't wait to tell Monk Gyatso about them.

The villagers stepped back in fear and shock when they saw Aang. After all, he was the very first airbender they had seen. His face dropped and he watched them with sad eyes, not understanding why they reacted that way.

"Well, no one has seen an airbender in a hundred years." The siblings' grandmother explained slowly while eying the boy in front of her.

Jasmine took a step forward and nodded before looking directly at Aang. "We all thought airbenders were extinct until we found you."

Aang's eyes widened and he stumbled back. "Extinct?!" The shock was clear in his voice.

Jasmine's eyebrows shot up before she slightly narrowed her eyes. If he didn't know that his kind was extinct, then there were a few possibilities of what had happened. Either the Fire Nation failed to kill off every single airbender and a few managed to survive. Or, what seemed ironically more logical, he had been frozen in that iceberg for over a hundred years. The Fire Nation would never fail to kill off possible threats.

"Aang, this is my grandmother," Katara continued to introduce him as if nothing happened.

The boy hadn't even processed what he had found out about his kind and therefore couldn't and didn't care who exactly the woman in front of him was.

"Is he holding a stick?" Sokka whispered only for Jasmine to hear.

The youngest shrugged with an amused smile. She crossed her arms and nodded in Aang's direction. "Go ask him." As much as she loved her brother, she loved to see him doing stupid things as well.

Sokka walked up to Aang and snatched the staff out of his hand. Holding it up he eyed it from every angle carefully. "What is this? A weapon?"

"It's not for stabbing, it's for airbending." Aang chuckled before taking his staff and knocking it on the floor slightly. There was a click before the sides opened up, revealing an orange glider.

The children cheered immediately upon seeing it and Katara looked at Aang with big eyes and a smile visible on her face. He explained that he could control the currents around his glider and fly with it.

Jasmine wished she could experience flying herself once in her lifetime. She wanted to feel the wind hitting her face and just the feeling of freedom surrounding her and never letting her go ever again.