eleven

Iroh got up from his seat and looked at Jasmine. "I need to inform my nephew about this. Do you want to join me?"

Since she had nothing else to do anyway, Jasmine nodded and once again followed Iroh around. This time, she managed to recall a lot of turns and corridors as Iroh wasn't a fast walker as Zuko was.

Once in front of the door, Iroh looked over his shoulder. "It would be better if you stay out of this conversation. My nephew is... he blows up quickly," the general said in a hushed tone.

"Sure," the teeanger mimicked his tone and nodded. She had no intention of dealing with the aggressive prince anyway. And she knew for a fact that he wouldn't take the news well; after all he's been obsessed with Aang since day one.

Iroh knocked on the door before opening it and stepping into the room. Jasmine stood closely behind the tea-loving man, peeking over his shoulder.

Zuko's room was dimly lit, the only light coming from the flickering candles on his floor desk. The prince was sitting at his desk with his legs crossed and his back facing the two visitors, taking deep breaths. "The only reason you should be interrupting me is if you have news about the Avatar." His calm tone surprising Jasmine.

Iroh cleared his throat quickly. "Well, there is news, Prince Zuko. But you might not like it. Don't get too upset."

Zuko let out a long breath. "Uncle, you taught me that keeping a level head is a sign of a great leader. Now whatever you have to say, I'm sure I can take it."

Jasmine hid her laugh behind a cough and turned her head away from Zuko, not wanting to anger him any further. The news would be enough for him to freak out anyway. At least he's trying to keep calm, I guess.

Iroh nodded and his eyes briefly flickered to Jasmine who straightened her posture. "Well then, we have no idea where he is." Silence consumed them for a few heartbeats, but only until Zuko had processed the information.

"What?!" For a second, the candles' flames seemed to take up the whole space, towering over all three of them. Jasmine immediately took a step back while Iroh wasn't fazed at all. Smoke filled the room which had the girl waving her hand in front of the face and coughing while Zuko immediately jumped up, facing them.

Iroh pulled out his fan, getting rid of the smoke around them. "You really should open a window in here."

"Give me the map!" Zuko snatched the map out of his uncle's hand and scanned it briefly.

"There have been multiple sightings of the Avatar but he is impossible to track," Iroh said and peeked at the map, on which every location Aang had been seen at was circled in red.

Jasmine clenched her jaw to prevent the smile from forming on her lips. She wasn't exactly sure who was responsible for their excellent route planning or if they even planned this. But whether it was intentional or by accident, it was simply perfect. Either they have a lot of luck or they have super planning skills.

Zuko looked up with a sigh and lowered the map. "How am I gonna find him uncle? He is clearly a master of evasive manoeuvring."

Jasmine's stomach growled and the girl immediately clasped her hand on her stomach. Heat rushed to her face when all eyes turned to her and she awkwardly smiled. Idiot, as if my hand could stop the growling.

"You're hungry," Zuko said and raised an eyebrow.

Way to state the obvious, idiot. Jasmine rolled her eyes, "I would have never noticed. Thank you, your majesty."

Iroh looked between the two teenagers and noticed Zuko clenching his jaw tightly. Jasmine seemed to have noticed it as well and let out a sigh, knowing she shouldn't let her frustration out on the prince. "Sorry," she mumbled and looked away with crossed arms.