six

As the ship left the village's sight, Katara finally snapped out of her frozen state and Sokka came back to consciousness. The older twin broke out in tears and Sokka quickly jumped up but only froze when he saw the ship slowly disappearing in the distance. He clenched his jaw, fighting his tears. Balling his fists, he turned on his heels and pushed through the crowd without saying a word to anyone. Entering his tent, he fell on his knees and grabbed his hair. A tear escaped his eyes and he breathed heavily. I'm sorry dad, I couldn't keep my promise.

"This staff will make an excellent gift for my father," the boy said after having eyed Aang's glider. Jasmine clenched her jaw with teary eyes and watched the boy's every move. He came closer to the two prisoners and stared at Aang. "I suppose you wouldn't know of fathers, being raised by monks."

The girl narrowed her eyes and stepped closer to Aang protectively. She had lost her village and freedom but she wouldn't let this boy hurt Aang.

"Take the Avatar to the prison hold." The scarred boy turned away from them and shoved the glider into an old man's chest who just happened to stand next to him. "And take this to my quarters."

Two soldiers grabbed Aang and dragged him away immediately. Jasmine had eye contact with the airbender until he disappeared down the stairs.

"Hey, you mind taking this to his quarters for me?" The old man asked one soldier and handed him the staff. Jasmine actually cracked a smile at the old man as the soldier shrugged, taking the staff from him.

"And take the traitor to the prison hold on the other side of the ship. She shall not come into contact with the Avatar." The boy looked over his shoulder and Jasmine only narrowed her eyes and held eye contact with him until the soldiers disappeared down the stairs with her.

What an arrogant asshole. Jasmine huffed as the soldiers led her through cold dark corridors deep into the ship. When they reached a door with a small window in it, she knew that she wasn't at the bottom of the ship but rather just on the floor right below the deck. The air there was fresh and she could feel the cold come right though above her.

Opening the door, the soldiers led her into the small room. The room was completely empty with the exception of a single cell which took up about half of the space. There wasn't even a bed or something to sit on in the cold cell.

They unlocked the cell door before pushing Jasmine in it. She stumbled and fell on her knees as the cell door was locked again. Looking over her shoulders, she saw the soldiers leave and lock the normal door as well before being left alone.

Silence consumed the girl and for a few seconds she sat on her knees motionless. It was cold and there was nothing that could make it any better for her. Sitting on the floor didn't exactly help either but luckily the girl was used to low temperatures. The only thing that worried her about this cell was that there was nothing in there; no seat, no bed, and even no toilet. What kind of cell is this? I mean what if I have to pee?

Sadness washed over her and she let out a deep breath before crawling towards the wall, leaning on it. Resting her head on the cold wall, her eyes welled up with tears. Jasmine was sure that she would never see her family again and that they probably despised her now that she had revealed her firebending. On top of that she knew for certain that she was going to either rot in this cell or die as a prisoner in the Fire Nation. No idea which one is the better option.

Jasmine froze when she heard that someone knocked on the door. Quickly she scrambled on her feet while wiping her eyes. Through the little window in the door she could see Aang's big grey eyes looking at her. Her lips formed a smile and he nodded briefly at her before trying to open the door.