five

Aang watched her until she was out of his sight before looking in the distance. He spotted the ship as well and took a breath. If the Fire Nation is bad, I need to help them.

As Jasmine was running, every possible bad scenario rushed through her mind. She shook her head quickly before running faster in order to make it in time.

The youngest tensed when the village came into sight. The ship just arrived and crashed into the ice, stopping halfway in the village. Black snow was falling from the sky by now and Jasmine saw all the villagers standing together at the other end of the village, looking at the ship.

Jasmine caught her breath when she stopped behind the villagers. The youngest looked around in order to find her siblings. Her heart dropped when she saw Sokka right beside the ship. He was lying on his stomach on the ground, covered in snow. "Sokka," she breathed out and pushed through the crowd.

"Where are you hiding him?!"

The unfamiliar but demanding voice made Jasmine stop at the very front of the crowd. She looked to her side, to see a soldier standing in front of Katara. He didn't seem to be more than two years older than Jasmine as his young voice gave out.

The boy looked around when no one answered him. Then he grabbed the siblings' grandmother by the collar and pulled her towards himself rather harshly. "He'd be about this age. Master of all elements."

Jasmine's shoulders tensed and she gulped. The boy was looking for Aang. That could only mean the Fire Nation already knows about the Avatar's return, immediately decreasing the chance of Aang saving the world.

"I know you're hiding him!" The boy shoved the elderly woman into Katara as orange flames surrounded his hands.

Jasmine's heartbeat quickened and adrenaline rushed through her veins. Just when she wanted to step out and confront the boy for being so rude and violent, Sokka beat her to it.

The oldest sibling clenched his jaw. This Fire Nation boy had the audacity to nearly destroy the village, humiliate him in front of everyone and threaten his family. His grip on the ice breaker tightened as he ran up to the boy from behind with a battle cry.

Jasmine resisted the urge to face palm. A sneak attack is no more sneaky if you yell before attacking. Seriously Sokka.

The boy quickly stepped to the side. Sokka ran past him as he couldn't stop in time and stumbled forward. The boy kicked him in the back, making Sokka fall face first into the fresh snow right in front of the villagers.

Jasmine face palmed this time and let out a breath. Her brother was too stubborn for his own good sometimes.

Sokka quickly grabbed his boomerang and threw it towards the boy in a swift motion. The boy ducked in time and the boomerang disappeared out of sight.

"Show no fear," a little boy told Sokka and handed him his spear. He nodded at the kid and took the spear, charging at the Fire Nation boy immediately.

Stepping to the side quickly, he kicked through the middle of the spear, breaking it into two. Sokka briefly tensed and stopped. The boy used that to his advantage and snatched the wooden stick out of Sokka's hand. The boy poked Sokka's head with it three times.

The oldest sibling stumbled back and fell on his butt. Jasmine quickly walked up to her brother as the boy was slowly getting enough. Anger bubbled up inside of her and she could feel her skin getting hot. If she didn't calm down or controlled her emotions, she would accidentally firebend.

Sokka smiled when he saw something shiny coming back from behind the boy. His boomerang hit the boy in the back of his head making it jerk forward. The boy clenched his jaw and balled his fists. Smoke came out of his nose as he huffed.