seven

Jasmine flinched and the cup in her hand fell on the floor, shattering to thousands of pieces as the remaining cold tea spilled all over the floor.

"Uncle, what are you doing here?! Drinking tea with a prisoner!" the scarred boy shouted and shot Jasmine a hateful glare.

The girl clenched her jaw and balled her hands, not even bothered about her legs being wet from the tea. She couldn't believe that he looked at her like everything that had happened was her fault. After all, it was him who brought her on this ship forcefully and not vice versa. Never had she felt such anger and hatred towards someone before but this boy triggered something in her she couldn't put her finger on.

Iroh looked at his nephew, unbothered by his outburst. He was used to it by now and stood up, facing him. He didn't want the girl to get a wrong impression of his nephew, though it was probably too late for that now. Iroh found the two teenagers to be quite similar; they both had lost their mothers to the Fire Nation, they both were the different children or even outcasts of the family. The only thing that was different was how the teenagers dealt with it. While Iroh's nephew transformed all his feelings into anger and aggression, the girl's emotions turned her into a quiet, soft and fragile soul even if she put on a tough facade, anyone looking into her eyes for long enough could see that.

The scarred boy glanced at Jasmine who was still on the floor and glaring daggers at him before turning to his uncle and nodding towards the door. He stormed out of the cell, enraged by the girl despite her not having done anything. He didn't understand why this girl made him feel even more anger than before.

Iroh shot her a small smile before following his nephew out of the door. He wanted to calm him down before suggesting the girl slept in one of the many chambers on the ship. However, before he was out of the door, Jasmine spoke up, making him stop in the doorway.

"Jasmine," she said and looked at Iroh. She had decided that he was to be trusted. He looked over his shoulder and raised his eyebrows. Jasmine stood up and nodded at him with a small smile. "My name is Jasmine."

A smile covered his lips which reached his eyes. "Nice to meet you, Jasmine," he said as his eyes watered.

"Uncle!" His nephew snapped the old man out of his thoughts. With one last nod, Iroh left the room and the guard immediately locked it.

"Prince Zuko," Iroh said when he had caught up with his nephew. The said boy stopped in front of his chambers and turned around, crossing his arms.

"What is it uncle?" he snapped and huffed, smoke coming out of his nose. He had to get his ship repaired and in the meantime he needed to keep track of the Avatar's trail. He didn't have enough time for his uncle's silly wisdom.

"The poor girl'd rather not sleep down there. It is cold and dark. I suggest she sleeps in one of our chambers." Iroh looked at his nephew's face, waiting for a response.

Zuko knitted his eyebrows and glared at his uncle. "She's a prisoner and the Avatar's friend. She will stay in the cell!" Without another word he entered his room and slammed the door shut.

Iroh let out a sigh and knocked on the door before peeking in. Zuko was standing in his room with his back turned to the door. "Please consider. If we are welcoming, she may consider working with us."

Zuko's shoulders visibly tensed and he turned around in a flash. He hated that his uncle was right. The girl might be of help and it was clear that she wouldn't talk if interrogated. So letting her have a bit of freedom, increased the chance of her revealing something by mistake.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

This asshole. Jasmine let out a huff and crossed her arms. Sitting on the bench, she clenched her jaw. The thought of the angry boy alone was enough to make her blood boil. In her eyes, he was a snobby brat who was disrespectful towards his elders; or else he wouldn't talk to his uncle in that manner. No one in their right mind would be so mean to a sweet man like Iroh.