[001]~ 𝒜 𝐵𝑒𝓉𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒮𝓉𝒶𝓇𝓉

Warning: this is poorly written and more of a lead up to the beginning of the story, but I think it's important enough to give a slight backstory for the girl. The picture above is what she looked like during her first few years in Azkaban.

Because of her young age, and clear lack of knowledge of what she had done, she was not to stay purely in Azkaban. She would be sent back to be with her father for a couple weeks every few months.
Those were her least favourite weeks. As crazy as it may sound, Azkaban kind of felt like home to the young girl. Because she was clearly no threat, she was granted more freedom than most prisoners in Azkaban. She also was given lessons in controlling her magic and what to avoid saying so similar events would not occur. Minus the cold confines in the cell, she would probably be the only person to express that she... enjoyed being in Azkaban.

The happy memories she did have of her family wouldn't be happy for long, as her memories would often come back to scene of that day. Because of this, the dementors didn't really have much effect over her. The happiest she could be was when she wasn't thinking of her home life. So keeping her aware of where she was actually helped the girl feel better. She... enjoyed the presence of the dementors. They reminded her that things could be better, and that gave her the determination to wait it out until they were.
She didn't have a patronus. She couldn't. She had no memories that wouldn't be overcome by the guilt of what she did. So the only way she found to survive around the dementors was to just make the best of what she had. This caused something nobody had ever seen. Someone who was happy with the surveillance of dementors, someone who... thrived in their presence.

She always dreaded when she left. Her father hated her, but used her for his own public image. If ever asked where the rest of her family was, she would have to express that her father was doing an excellent job in raising the young girl alone. When asked why she didn't attend schooling with the other kids in her area, she would say that she attended a boarding school up in Scotland.
To her fathers colleagues, it seemed like she had a picture perfect life. But when she would return home, the frame she was held in would crack. On a good day, her father would just ignore and let her go up to bed- out of his sight. Often times, she would not face that luxury. It was her fault. She ruined everything for him, for them both. At least, that's what he'd tell her. He wouldn't try to hide how deep his hatred for her went, at least, not when they were alone. They found it was better for the both of them every time Azkaban took her back.

It wasn't until she was fourteen years of age that she was finally granted the better opportunity she had waited for. She was being sent off to Hogwarts for her fourth year, and if all went well, she would return for the rest of schooling.

Of course, everyone knew of the girl, who wouldn't. The child in Azkaban. Nobody believed it was an accident, not when the tabloids claimed otherwise.

But she was still determined to get the better life she had been waiting years for. And she was determined to make it happen.