[011]~ 𝑅𝑒𝓈𝓉 𝐸𝒶𝓈𝓎

It was a late November afternoon. The large black dog had just woken up from his nap and was now left hungry. He looked to the girl he was laying on the bed with- she had still yet to awake. After assuring himself that she would be safe, Sirius transformed back into himself and headed off to the grand hall for a late lunch.

Once he entered, he noticed the scene unfolding in front of him- James interrogating Regulus right at the Slytherin table. "Auh fuck mate. I thought we were trying to be discreet." Sirius muttered, walking over to his friends and brother.

"I'm not playing around here, Black. Tell me what's going on with Odessa." James ordered.

"What're you on about, Potter? I told you before, she's safe and that's all I'll tell you. She should be back soon." He concluded nonchalantly.

"Really? Is that all you're going to tell me?" He questioned.

Regulus sighed. "I just want her business to stay private. You can ask questions but there's only so much I can say." Reggie responded seriously.

"Is that so? Well I do have one blaring question. If she's so safe then how come I found her unconscious in the infirmary?" James leaned in and whispered venomously.

Regulus stood up. "Shut up. Do not speak of that. You have no business to pry as you are doing in this moment." Regulus shot back harshly.

"You think I care if it's 'respectable' for me to go searching for answers about her whereabouts? I want her back safe, I'm prepared to do whatever is necessary for that to happen." James warned. "So I won't ask again, why was she in the infirmary, Black?" He lowered his voice again, though his conviction remained.

Regulus scoffed, "I wasn't worried about your manners, Potter. I think it's pretty clear you believe those to be irrelevant. I don't want you snooping around about her because I know she wouldn't want that. But you don't care, do you? Because everything has to be as you say, doesn't it?"

"Hey, whats going on here?" Pandora asked as she, Dorcas, and Marlene approached the scene.

Regulus turned to face Marlene, glaring daggers at her. "Is this your fault?" He scoffed. "Why did I even tell you." He muttered.

"Hey now, don't even start with that. Dora asked you a question, what's going on here?" Dorcas defended.

"Potter here knows the whereabouts of Odie. How exactly did that happen?" He questioned Marlene.

Marlene was confused, before realizing what he was insinuating. "Regulus, if you think I told him-" she spoke quietly to the boy.

"How else would he know? Hm?"

She grabbed his wrist and began walking out. "This should be a private discussion."

She led him along down the corridor until they were a safe distance from any eavesdroppers.

"Regulus, you gotta understand, I didn't tell James anything. I have no clue how he figured out where she is but it wasn't because of me."

"Did he follow you to the infirmary ever?"

She glared back at the boy. "No, I'm not an idiot. I was careful to make sure the corridor was empty before every visit." She paused. "How much does he know?"

Regulus sighed. "It seems like he's still pretty in the dark. He doesn't seem to know how or why she was there, just that she was."

Marlene was hesitant to ask. "Why...was she there?"
Regulus remained silent.
"You told me that you brought her there after she fainted. But why did she faint? Where did she faint?"
He still didn't speak. They stood awkwardly in the corridor, silent as a mouse. You could hear a pin drop.