[015]~ 𝐻𝑜𝑔𝓈𝓂𝑒𝒶𝒹𝑒

The group left the candy shop, Remus a few sickles shorter than before.

Odessa watched Sirius, "What's that you're eating?" She asked curiously.

Sirius looked to her, mouth agape. "Don't tell me you've never had a sugar quill."

James rolled his eyes. "When exactly would she have had time to try one."

"James is right. When I was young I lived in the muggle world, sugar quills aren't a common treat for those folks." Odessa explained.

"Well, you've been missing out." He held out the sugar quill in front of her. She pulled back, skeptical. "Just give it a try, Dove. Trust me."

Cautiously, she licked the candy in his hand. Her taste buds exploded. She had never tasted something so sugary and sweet. "What kind of sorcery is that?!" She exclaimed.

Sirius laughed and handed the sugar quill over to her. "Keep it, it's yours."

"But you had to beg Remus for it."

"Seeing your face light up from trying a sugar quill for the first time was far sweeter than having the quill myself." He argued.

She accepted the sweet treat. "Thank you." She spoke quietly. The boys smiled at the soft smile that crept onto her face.

"So, where'd you like to go first?" James asked.

"We can go wherever, but I'd like to stop in that tea shop you mentioned. Oh, and I've heard of Dervish and Banges, as well at that quill shop...what was it..."

"Scrivenshafts?" Remus offered.

"Yes, that one." Odessa spoke cheerily. "Where else would you guys like to go?"

"I think we were planning on stopping in Zonko's to grab some stuff." Peter told her.

"And after we're done shopping we can stop in at the three broomsticks to get a drink before we leave." James informed her. "When they head off to catch the train we'll have to head back into Honeydukes so you can always grab something there later."

"So make sure to think about the sweets you see that you might want to try." Sirius told her.

She smiled down at the sugar quill he gave her. "Alright, I will." She shivered in the cold December wind.

"Why didn't you bring a coat?" Remus shook his head smiling. The girl was only wearing a light sweater.

"I did try to." She defended. "But James told me it would attract too much attention."

"Prongs! You want the girl to freeze?" Remus scolded.

"Hey, guess which coat it was." James defended.

"Merlin's sake, it wasn't my brothers was it?" Sirius asked. Odessa silently nodded her head. "Alright, Prongs was right on that call." He defended. "That would cast attention and everyone would recognize them."

"Then how come Prongs still has his brown coat on?" Remus retorted. "Everyone knows, tall dude with the round glasses and brown jacket is James fucking Potter."

"Ooh, Moony's gotcha there." Peter laughed.

"Alright well how's this." James interfered. He removed his coat and held it out to Odessa. She gave him a confused look. "You'll be warm and we won't get noticed. It solves all our problems."

Odessa cautiously accepted the jacket. "Alright, well the quill shop is right there so let's head in." She spoke, eager to shift the conversation.

———————————