[002]~ 𝒟𝒾𝒶𝑔𝑜𝓃 𝒜𝓁𝓁𝑒𝓎

Her father refused to provide her with funds for her school shopping. Of course. Did she expect anything else? But she had a plan. She knew he came from a wizarding family, a well off one. Perhaps, if she was lucky enough, they might have a fund left for her father in case he would return. Here was hoping.

As she wandered around the street, she couldn't help feeling the stares directed at her. She knew she had a reputation, sure, but she didn't know it was this bad. Maybe being free isn't the best situation.

As the young girl walked through they alley in complete confusion, she finally learned from a red-headed girl who looked to be around her age that she should head towards a bank known as Gringotts. That was the only person who stopped for her.

The red head was nice enough to lead the young girl to the bank herself. "I was headed that way anyway, need some new books." She explained. "Anyway, I haven't seen you around before, but you don't look to be a first year. Are you a transfer?" She asked.

"Well, sort of. I have not actually attended a wizarding school before. But I am going into the fifth year." She explained. It seemed the red-head didn't know who she was. Good. She didn't want that to change, at least for now.

"Oh cool. So homeschooling then. I've been here since year one. I'm also in 5th year so I can show you around." She smiled.

The girl watched her with amusement and smiled back. "I would like that. Thank you." She spoke softly. This girl was super friendly. She hoped someday soon she'll feel the clear ease and joy that this girl in from of her possessed.

———————————

They chatted the rest of the way to Gringotts where they split ways. "Well, I gotta go get my books, I think you'll be able to manage the rest of the alley from here, it's not too complicated."

"Thank you again, you have been so much help." The girl expressed.

"Oh really, it was no trouble at all." the girl turned to leave before quickly spinning back around. "Oh, Merlin, I can't believe I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Lily." She established.

"Oh. Um. Just, call me...Sia." She didn't want to face her new friend growing feared of her if she said her real name. She'll learn eventually, so for now just...let me have this. She though. Sia was easy, a simple nickname derived from her last name. "It was lovely meeting you Lily." She smiled.

"You as well. When you board the train, come find me in the second to last compartment. I have a few friends you might like to meet as well. Bye Sia!" Lily exclaimed before running off to the bookstore across the street.

Okay. Maybe it was a good idea to come out here. The girl quickly entered Gringotts and asked if there were any funds under the name John Ambrosius. Unfortunately, there weren't any funds left from his family, not too much of a shocker. Luckily though, there was a bit of money left over from when he still lived in the wizarding world. She took it all out and went back into the street.

———————————

Clearly not enough for everything. So let's go over the fundamentals. There's books in the Library so I can live without buying those. I'll need the robes, but maybe I can save a bit and buy them second-hand. I don't really have a need for a familiar. So the only crucial purchase is the wand. I'm pretty sure Lily said Olivanders was the best shop for wands, so I'll head over there next. Then I'll stop by the second hand shop we saw just beside it for my robes. With her plan all set, the girl headed off towards Olivanders.

She walked in and heard the jingle of the bell above her. Looking around at the walls filled to the roof with wands, she struggled to find anybody in the wand shop. "Hello?" She called uncertainly. After a few moments of silence she gave up and started to walk out. Maybe they fell out of business.