3

The rain grew heavier and heavier as the night went on. The sound of raindrops hitting the roofs of buildings and stores became louder and more persistent, creating a soothing ambiance. The streets outside gradually transformed into glistening streams, reflecting the glow of streetlights.

Hanako's pace is growing weaker and weaker. Drenched from the relentless downpour, each step became a struggle as she battled against the force of the wind and the weight of her soaked clothing. The once vibrant city now seemed deserted, with only the occasional flicker of a distant streetlight guiding her way through the storm.

I feel as if I've been walking in circles; there's not one sign of an open area where I can get out of this rain. Hanako's heart sank as she realized she was lost in the labyrinth of city streets. Panic started to set in, her mind racing to find a solution before exhaustion and hypothermia took over.

She desperately searched for any shelter, hoping for a glimpse of an open doorway or an inviting awning that could provide temporary respite from the relentless rain. The raindrops continue to pelt her face, blurring her vision and making it even harder to navigate. Hanako's hope begins to wane as she realizes that finding shelter may be more challenging than she initially thought.

Taking another step forward, she loses her balance, falling to the ground with a thud and a splash. The impact sent a jolt of pain through her body, causing her to wince. As she lies there, wet and defeated, she contemplates whether it's worth continuing her search or if she should just surrender to the rain and accept her fate.

She begins to cry again at the misfortune she's been dealt, asking her body to endure just a little more and keep pushing forward. Despite the pain and discouragement, she knows deep down that giving up is not an option. With renewed determination, she slowly gets back on her feet, wiping away the tears from her face. She takes a deep breath, reminding herself that she is stronger than this setback and that finding shelter is still within her reach.

She notices a flickering light in the distance, giving her a glimmer of hope that there might be a nearby building where she can take refuge. She starts to run in the direction of the distant, flickering light, a rush coursing through her veins. As she gets closer, her heart pounds with anticipation, fueled by the possibility of finding safety and solace. With each step, the flickering light grows brighter, illuminating her path and guiding her toward a potential haven. But the light goes out just as she gets close enough.

Confusion began to overwhelm her as she searched for the light. Looking to her right, where the light had gone out, she observed an empty alleyway. The silence in the alleyway was eerie, making her question if the light had ever been there at all. Doubt crept into her mind as she debated whether to continue her search or just keep on moving forward, unsure of what lay ahead in the darkness.

Hanako stares down the darkness of the alleyway. Even though the pouring rain and the darkness of the night are making it difficult to fully see, she can hear the harsh tapping sound of the rain. Her eyes adjusted enough to the night that it looked like a rain cover. She cautiously takes a step forward, her heart pounding in her chest. As she gets closer, the tapping sound grows louder and more distinct, sending shivers down her spine.

The tapping sound grew louder and more distinct, causing Hanako's heart to race even more. She couldn't shake the feeling that someone or something was lurking in the shadows, watching her every move. Her instincts urged her to turn around, but she persisted and moved forward, prepared to face whatever awaited her in the dark alleyway.

Her body jumps back on its own as the light above her flickers on, giving her enough light to fully observe her surroundings. She was grateful that there was a light, but it was definitely not the one she followed here. Instead, the light revealed a graffiti-covered wall and scattered trash, creating an eerie atmosphere. Hanako's heart eased up a bit.