5

Present Day

Satoru begins to scratch his head as he finishes his last sentence. "What's wrong?" You suddenly stopped talking? Ieiri asked, getting up from the couch to grab a cup of coffee in the room.

"Hm, I'm not sure what happened after Utahime and Mei found her. I only know this much because Utahime told me when they brought Hanako to Tokyo. "But I wasn't paying attention to her while she was talking."

"Of course you weren't," Nanami said. You were probably too busy daydreaming about your next adventure. It's no wonder you can't recall the details.

Ignoring Kento's comment, Satoru continued to speak. "Anyhow, it would be better if Utahime or Mei continued. On with what happened," he said.

"Speaking of Utahime and Mei, they should be arriving soon," Ieiri said, sitting back down on the couch with a cup of black coffee in her hand. She took a sip and glanced at the clock, realizing that they were running late. "I hope they didn't encounter any traffic on their way here," she added, her voice filled with concern.

Just as Shoko finished speaking, there was a knock on the door of the teacher's lounge. "Come in," Nanami said. "The door is open."

The door then swung open, revealing both Mei and Iori. They entered the room with smiles on their faces, apologizing for their tardiness. Iori explained that they had indeed encountered heavy traffic on their way, causing the delay. However, they were relieved to finally be there and ready for the meeting.

"Wait, we were supposed to be having a meeting today?" Gojo asked, laying his back on the couch. Nanami nodded and gestured for Mei and Iori to take a seat. "Yes, that's why we were all asked to come and gather today," he replied, giving Gojo a pointed look. "It's important that we discuss the upcoming school event and finalize our plans."

"School event?" Gojo questions Confusion is evident on his face as he sits up straight. "What school event are we talking about?" he asked, clearly out of the loop.

Nanami sighed and explained, The Kyoto Sister School Exchange Event, Gojo. We've been discussing it for weeks now."

Gojo's confusion turned into realization as he remembered the numerous emails and messages about the event. "Right, right," he said sheepishly. "I must have forgotten with everything else going on."

"You mean you forgot we were supposed to meet to discuss the Kyoto sister-student exchange event this year?" Utahime questioned while she crossed her arms. "How did you forget when you were at every other meeting before this one?"

"I must have forgotten with everything else going on." I've been quite busy with our new transfer student, Yuta Okkotsu.

"I guess that's fair," Mei chimes into the conversation, her leg crossed over the other. "Moving on, are both Principle Yaga and Gakuganji not here yet?"

"No, as of right now, we still have to wait for them," Ieiri says, finishing her coffee.

"I guess while we wait, you can help. Continue with our story," Gojo says.

"What are you guys talking about?" Utahime asked.

"Hanako Shiro," Gojo replies, "could you or Mei tell us what happened after you found her and brought her back to Kyoto Tech?"

"Iori I think it's best if you do it. I'm not going to talk unless any of the three of you want to pay me." Mei responds not interested in the topic at hand. Utahime looks at Mei with a puzzled expression, sensing her disinterest.

Satoru raised an eyebrow, a hint of amusement in his eyes. "Pay you? Since when did you become so demanding, Mei?" He teased, his playful smile tugging at his lips.

"I've always been demanding, and you should know that out of all people, I don't just do things for free," she said. "Well, Iori, why don't you go ahead and fill them in on what happened?" Mei urges, hoping to get the conversation back on track. Satoru smiles, leaning forward on the table between him and her.

"So how about it Iori? Do you want to continue the story?" Gojo asks

"When did I give you permission to call me by my first name, Gojo?" Utahime asked

Oh, come on, we're all friends, aren't we? Gojo chuckles and playfully points at Iori. "Of course we are, but I can always stick to formalities if that's what you prefer," he teases. Mei rolls her eyes, clearly unamused by their banter.

"That's for me to decide," Utahime said as she raised an eyebrow, asserting her authority. Gojo shrugs, still grinning mischievously. "Fair enough," he concedes, his playful demeanor not faltering.

Besides asks, Why did Shiro even come up in conversation? Utahime asks, looking at both Shoko and Kento, who haven't really said much since she and Mei arrived. Utahime's question hangs in the air, causing a momentary silence.

Kento finally speaks up, breaking the tension. "Well, it all started when Ieiri brought her up after we were discussing Gojo's new first year, Yuta, and how similar the two are," he explains.

"Oh, alright," Utahime says, getting comfortable in her chair.

Since we have to wait for both Principle Yaga and Gakuganji, we might as well pass the time reminiscing about the good old days. "Let's talk about this it's way more interesting," Gojo says

Iori sighs and takes a moment to gather her thoughts. "After we found her, we immediately brought her back to Kyoto Tech," she begins. "She was in bad shape; despite the fact her wounds were healing on their own, she still needed help. The medical team managed to stabilize her. It took a few days for her to regain consciousness, and when she did, she was disoriented and confused. Well, when she came too, it's not like she woke up in a comfortable infirmary bed."