13

Hanako's eyebrow arched as she pointed to herself. "Through me?" She looked puzzled, trying to comprehend the meaning behind the statement. Curiosity filled her eyes as she awaited an explanation.

Yuki lit up at her words. "Yes, that's right," Tsukumo said slowly. "Why exactly is it making its presence known through you? We don't know."

Hanako's brow furrowed. "Which leads us to the condition Tsukumo said."

She nodded. "Yes." Shiro's curiosity grew as she eagerly awaited Yuki's explanation. "What condition are you referring to?" she asked, her voice filled with anticipation.

Yuki hesitated for a moment before continuing to speak. We don't know the full extent of Akki's power or its motives, so we need to keep an eye on it. That's why your execution was suspended for now," she continued, her tone firm and authoritative.

As Yuki spoke, Hanako's ears perked up, her heart and mind entangled in a whirlwind of conflicting feelings. She grasped the concept that the freedom she had been granted was not entirely unshackled; rather, it came with certain strings attached.

Yes, she could go about her life as she wished, but only within the boundaries of specific rules and regulations. It was the standard existence that everyone else adhered to, yet for Hanako, it felt as if she were enclosed within the suffocating walls of a prison cell.

"That means if I don't agree to the conditions given, they'll kill me," Shiro said it with a grim expression. The realization sent a chill down her spine, making her question whether the so-called freedom was worth the potential consequences.

"Exactly That's why it's in your best interest to agree. If you want to live, unless you really do want to die, Tsukumo said with a cold and calculating tone.

Hanako's pulse raced the sound of her beating heart pounding within her ears as she felt the weight of the gravity of the situation. really taking in how important it was that she agreed to whatever Yuki was about to tell her.

Her voice trembled slightly as she expressed her desire to cling to life. She spoke eagerly, but her words were also tinged with a hint of melancholy. She knew that everyone had to die eventually, but she couldn't help but yearn for an extended existence.

"I want to live," she said. "I don't want to die."

Her words were simple, but they carried a profound weight. They were a declaration of her will to survive, despite the challenges and dangers that were in her and ones that would come in the future. They were also a plea for mercy, a hope that she would be given a chance to experience all that life had to offer.

Shiro's voice continued to shake as she spoke, revealing the depth of her emotions. She wanted to live, but she was also afraid. She knew that by complying with the command given to her, she was putting herself in possibly more danger than she already was. But she was willing to take the risk because she believed that life was worth living, even if it was only for a short time.

"I don't want to die. I mean, I know everyone has to eventually, but if I could make it for as long as I can, I want it." "So then, what exactly do I have to do?" Shiro's voice saddened as she asked.

Yuki raised her hand, gesturing to Mei and Iori, who were sitting beside her. "You will have to become a student at Jujutsu Tech, like Mei and Iori here."

Her eyes widened in surprise. "A student? Like at an actual school?"

Yuki, who was sitting right next to her, frowned in confusion. "Well, yes. Did you not attend school before, Hanako?"

Hanako paused, unsure of how to proceed. The concept of attending a public or private school for an extended period of time was completely foreign to her.