9

All right, then? Ms. Tsukumo, you had mentioned earlier that you would have normally left the meeting when Principal Gakuganji had permitted you to leave, but you didn't because you came here out of courtesy. I get the feeling that there is something more to what you said. Correct me if I'm wrong. One of the other higher-ups in the room shifted nervously in his seat, his eyes darting between Principal Gakuganji and Ms. Tsukumo.

"I guess since you're asking," Tsukumo said slowly, her eyes scanning the room, "it's come to my attention that this school right now is rife with rumors that the higher-ups are planning the execution of a girl named Hanako Shiro."

The higher-ups in the room exchanged glances, their faces etched with shock and dismay. They hadn't thought that word would get out. This was a situation they wanted to keep under wraps to avoid stirring up any conflict within the school. It was definitely something they didn't want to say in public.

Principal Gakuganji cleared his throat, his voice booming through the silent room. "Everyone, please focus your attention on me," he said, his eyes flashing with anger. "There is no truth to these rumors. They are indeed just rumors."

But his words did little to reassure the people in the room. They had seen the look in his eyes, and they knew that he was lying.

Tsukumo leaned forward in her chair, her eyes boring into Principal Gakuganji's. Her voice was cold and hard. "You know there's no need to lie," she said, her lips curling into a sneer. "Especially when I've heard from two of your students that they were given a mission to find Hanako and bring her to the school. And I'm the last person you should be lying to. If that's going to be the case, then this meeting is a waste of time."

She paused, her eyes flashing with anger. "I mean, we are all Jujutsu sorcerers here, and our job is to get rid of curses."

"Tell me this girl," she said, her voice dripping with contempt. "Does she have some kind of dangerous cursed ability? We might as well get to the point here."

"Yes, she does," he said, his voice grave. "The situation concerning her is exactly why I called for this meeting to take place."

All the higher-ups and Gakuganji turned to look at Masamichi in surprise. They had not expected this serious matter to be the reason behind the meeting. The tension in the room grew palpable as they awaited Masamichi's explanation.

Masamichi took a deep breath. "To answer your question, Ms. Shiro's parasitic curse spirit, known as Akki, feeds on the girl's cursed energy. It's a curse that is known to have been manifested around the time of Sukuna's reign."

Yuki's eyes widened as Masamichi explained about Hanako's cursed spirit, Akki. "So this cursed spirit first manifested around the time of Sukuna, when he reigned as the king of curses, or before?" she asked, her voice laced with curiosity.

She leaned forward in her chair, her eyes fixed on Masamichi's face. Her mind raced with questions. What was the connection between Hanako's cursed spirit and Sukuna's reign? Was there a deeper significance to the timing of its manifestation?

Masamichi nodded, understanding Yuki's confusion. "Yes, that's correct," he said, his voice grave. "Akki's manifestation coincided with Sukuna's reign as the king of curses, or possibly even before that. It's believed to have been a result of the intense cursed energy during that time."

He paused, his eyes taking on a distant look. "The cursed energy was said to have reached unprecedented levels during Sukuna's reign, causing the manifestation of powerful curses like Akki. Some even speculated that Sukuna's presence may have somehow influenced the birth of such malevolent spirits."

Well, do we know what exactly this spirit is capable of?" she asked, her voice trembling slightly. "Or is the girl proof that this cursed spirit exists?" Tsukumo pressed on.