12

Iori, Mei, and Yuki sat on the edge of the bed, their eyes fixed on the bathroom door. The room was quiet, save for the steady ticking of the clock on the nightstand. The air was thick with anticipation.

Utahime, who was standing nearby, looked at them with a worried expression. "Was it really smart to leave her alone?" she asked.

Mei turned to her with a reassuring smile. "Why wouldn't we?" she said. "There's no window in the bathroom; it's not like she's going to escape."

Yuki nodded in agreement. "Besides, Hanako's a smart girl. She knows she's not supposed to leave," she added.

As the minutes ticked by, Iori Mei and Yuki exchanged glances, their anticipation growing. The sound of running water finally ceased, and they could hear Hanako's footsteps approaching the door. In the middle of their chat, they heard the sound of the bathroom door unlocking.

Hanako stepped out of the bathroom, her hair still wrapped in a towel. She was wearing the outfit that Yuki had prepared for her: a white button-up dress shirt tucked into a black skirt, along with black high socks and black flats to go with the dress. The dress was perfectly tailored to her body, and it made her look confident and sophisticated.

Yuki couldn't help but stare. She was surprised Hanako looked so beautiful. Her eyes widened in appreciation as she took in the details of the outfit: the way the fabric hugged Hanako's body

Iori Mei and Utahime were just as impressed. They had never seen Hanako so transformed. She was no longer the ruggedly, looking girl she had been when she first arrived.

Hanako's eyes were on the floor as she walked into the room, but she soon looked up and saw the three of them staring at her. She stopped in her tracks and blushed self-consciously. "I'm sorry," she said sheepishly. "Did I take too long?"

"No, not at all," Yuki reassured her with a warm smile. "You look absolutely stunning, Hanako. We were just admiring how the outfit suits you perfectly."

Hanako blushed even deeper and looked down at her outfit again. "Thank you," she whispered.

Yuki jumped off the bed, her eyes sparkling with excitement. "Now that you're all set, let's go meet with Yaga-sensei! He should be waiting at the front of the school."

Hanako removed the towel from her head and let her dark brown colored hair cascade down her shoulders. "Where are we going now?" she asked, her voice curious.

"We're going to get you something to eat," Tsukumo explained with a reassuring smile. "I'm sure you're starving."

Hanako's stomach growled softly. "Okay," she said. "What should I do about the towel and the white gown?"

"Just leave them on the dresser next to the bed," Tsukumo instructed. "Someone will come and collect them."

Hanako nodded in relief. She had been worried about what to do with her clothes, but Tsukumo's words had put her mind at ease. She followed Yuki out of the room, with Iori and Mei close behind.

........

Masamichi stood outside the school entrance, waiting patiently. After Yuki had informed him that Hanako had woken up and was allowed to leave the infirmary, he had given them an hour for her to freshen up. Now he waited.

He checked his watch again. They should be arriving by now.

"Oi, Masamichi!"

He glanced around and saw a familiar figure approaching. It was Yuki, accompanied by Hanako. A wave of relief washed over him as he realized they had finally arrived, but he didn't expect to see Mei and Iori with them.