17

Present Day

A sharp clap echoed through the room, like a rogue cymbal seeking attention. All eyes swivelled in unison, landing on the grinning culprit - Gojo.

"Hold on a sec, Utahime," he said, voice laced with mock seriousness. "Nature calls!" He punctuated the declaration with a theatrical flourish, one hand dramatically clutching his stomach.

Utahime's lips twitched in annoyance. "Gojo, I was in the middle of a sentence," she chided, a playful glint in her otherwise stern gaze.

Gojo flashed a grin that could charm a herd of pigeons. "Yeah, yeah, I know," he said, his tone light and teasing. "But nature calls, you know?  Gojo quipped, a mischievous glint in his own eyes. "But a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do, right Nanami?"

Nanami, ever the stoic, simply sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. "Couldn't you have, you know, excused yourself like a normal person?" he muttered, exasperation lacing his tone.

Gojo threw his head back and let out a theatrical gasp. "But Nanami, where's the drama in that? Besides, I wouldn't want to miss the climax of this epic saga!"

Shoko, ever the voice of reason, piped up. "Couldn't you just... hold it?" she deadpanned, a hint of amusement peeking through.

Gojo's grin widened impossibly. "Absolutely not," he declared, shaking his head with mock solemnity. "This simply cannot wait!"

Utahime, clearly resigned to this routine, waved a dismissive hand. "Fine, fine. Go then, Satoru," she said, using Gojo's first name with a hint of forced tolerance. "Just don't take an eternity, some of us have actual work to do." She placed her tea cup down with a slight clink, the sound echoing the quiet frustration in her voice.

"Consider it done, oh esteemed leader," Gojo bowed theatrically, a playful jab at Utahime's self-proclaimed leadership role. "I'll be back faster than you can say 'existential dread story.'" With a final wink, he sauntered out of the room, leaving behind a trail of amusement and exasperation.

Nanami, shaking his head in a mixture of amusement and disbelief, muttered, "He's such a child."

Utahime sighed, a gust of exasperation ruffling the carefully styled strands of her hair. Her arms snaked across her chest, mirroring the crossed legs that formed a defensive barrier. "Tell me about it," she said, each word clipped with annoyance. It was clear she wasn't thrilled to be the sole storyteller. especially when gojo was the one who had her tell most of it.

A flicker of mischief danced in Shoko's eyes. "Speaking of dreadful," she chimed in, her voice laced with playful sarcasm. Leaning forward, she cast a pointed glance at the clock that mocked them with its steady ticking.

An hour had bled past since their summons to the teachers' lounge, and the lateness of the two esteemed principals hung heavy in the air. Any idea what's taking them so long?" Shoko muttered

"Not a clue," Mei muttered, her voice a low rumble rarely used for conversation. Unlike the others, she remained shrouded in a quiet disinterest, her gaze glued to her phone as if searching for a lifeline from the tedious situation.

A hint of frustration flickered on her face as the screen revealed no missed calls or messages. "All I know is, if I'm stuck here any longer than anticipated, overtime better be on the table."

Rain lashed against the windows, a relentless drumming that mirrored the growing tension in the room. Iori reached for her teacup, the ceramic cool against her fingertips. she refilled her cup, the steam swirling around her face like a fleeting thought.

As the warm liquid met her lips, a sliver of contentment momentarily graced her features. "Looks like the rain's not taking a vacation anytime soon," she remarked

Settling back into her chair, she savored a long sip, a tired smile gracing her lips. "Honestly, a few minutes of Gojo-free silence feels like a gift from the heavens," she murmured, the amusement evident in her relaxed posture.

But fate, it seemed, wasn't a fan of peace. As if summoned by her very thought, Gojo's boisterous voice shattered the tranquility, echoing through the room like a sonic boom.

"Hey everyone, guess who's back!" he boomed, his signature smirk plastered across his face. He flung himself onto the couch with a dramatic flourish, the springs groaning under his weight.

Utahime's playful facade crumbled, replaced by a pout. "Couldn't even have a decent break, could we?" she muttered under her breath..

Gojo, oblivious to her plight, grinned from ear to ear. "Alright, spill the beans! What's with the long faces? Let's continue!" His voice, laced with an eagerness that bordered on manic, bounced off the walls. As he made him self comfy in his seat.

Utahime glared at him, her eyes narrowed to slits. "You tell it," she snapped, her voice dripping with forced politeness.

Gojo's brow furrowed in mock confusion. "Me? Tell what?"

"The story, genius," she deadpanned. "Apparently, my narration is dreadfully boring, except for this part. You were there too, weren't you?"  so you might as well contribute to the entertainment value."

A slow grin spread across Gojo's face. "Ah, I see," he drawled, his voice laced with amusement. Leaning forward, he swept his gaze across the room, effectively stealing everyone's attention. "Alright, then. Consider it done."