My Family

The yin and yang necklace felt light on his collarbone, but heavy on his heart, as he was high on the sky. In moments like this he understood what his friend Jon and his beloved William used to tell him. Sometimes is not about flying, but simply about being in the sky. The clarity up there was incredible. It soothed the ache in his mind and heart. Especially, after what he had to do.

As soon as he had left Oa, after convincing the lanterns of being able to do it on his own, he had headed to Earth. As planned, it had only passed two months since his "death". He went to the lair of the bat-dragons, a specie he had not massacred yet, and was not planning to. There he hid The Nest and collected Goliath- who was just a pup at this stage. He also surrounded the cave with his Hell and Holy Fire, an extra protection for the Dead King's Scepter and the almost extinct bat- dragons. Of course, he made sure the spell would not harm or endanger the bat-dragons.

Afterwards, he flew to Infinity Island. In there he attacked the main Lazarus Pit, which was linked to all the pits in the world. He used Hell Fire to burn the demonic link in the pits, killing the Lazarus Demon on the way- not that anyone would go after him for doing so, he is the crown prince of Hell after all. He then used his Holy Fire to purify the madness inducing toxins of the pit, and finished it all up with his Phoenix Fire, which allowed the pits to keep its healing magical properties. The pits can still heal people from the brink of death, they can also now heal illnesses like malnutrition, arrhythmia, cancer, etc. However, they can no longer extent someone's life or bring them back to life.

As for family members like his grandfather and great-grandmother... he dealt with them swiftly.

No, he did not kill them. Melisande al Ghul and Ra's al Ghul met the same fate. He used Hell Fire to burn their immortality away. Then used Holy Fire to purify their bodies from the curses and Lazarus Pits remnants, they put themselves through to extent their lives. After putting them on the edge of death, he brought them back fully, healing via Phoenix Fire.

Right now, he was on the sky, trying to catch a breath before going for his brother and cousin. He had just burned, not pun intended, all bridges with his maternal family. Denouncing Ra's and stripping Talia from her title as his mother. Going as far as to tell her that she was never really a mother to begin with. The pain in Talia's eyes and the fear in the eyes of those that had helped raise him were a heavy weight on his heart.

Such a heavy weight that he had needed to vent. To burn everything to the ground in rage. So, he had gone to the All-Caste. Ordered them to open a portal to the Untitled and torched them all to the ground. He ended up feeling much better and quite relieved that the All-Caste will never take his brother to train as their ultimate weapon. Not that Jason will ever die if he has anything to say about it. They will never get their hands on Jason. As a bonus he got a powerful group swearing loyalty to him. Not bad for his first week back home.

"Um... hi," someone stuttered. He opened his eyes, only to see his uncle (an uncle that did not know him) floating in front of him. The boy smiled at the behavior he would expect from Clark, rather than Superman. "Hello, um, are you lost young one?"

"You think I'm an alien," the boy realized out loud, startling Superman. "You are not?" Superman looked confused.

"I can see why you would think so," he hummed, wings fluttering. "But no, I am human." "Human?" Superman raised an eyebrow in disbelief, as he looked at the golden wings.

"Experimentation," the boy's answer had Superman flinching and looking at the boy on fire with pity.

"Who?" Superman asked firmly, with his Superman voice.

"It does not matter, they are dead," the boy answered with a faraway look. "I did not plan to do it, but the experiment went too far and made me lose control."