Just Like Fire

"Here for another miracle?" Commissioner Gordon teased Damian as he entered Arkham with his father by his side.

Miracles. That's the word Gotham is using now that Damian has picked his father's project of rehabilitating Batman's Rogue Gallery. He has been having a lot more success, mostly because the villains were tired by now and simply did not know how to move forward. Damian looked at them not just with the potential of who they could become, but looked at them knowing they are good.

He extended a hand, and the rogues took it.

He started with the ones who were dealt a bad hand in life and just needed someone to give them a way out. Clock King was given a job in WE's General Management Department. Dr. Freeze joined WE's R&D department after Flamebird had healed his wife. He intended to cure the illness that had almost killed his wife, because not everyone had Flamebird there to help them. The Riddler was given his own game show and became a producer for Wayne Productions. Calendar Man was put in charge of party organization for both WE and the Foundation. The Ventriloquist was given a job as Calendar Man's partner, finding entertainment for those parties.

Then he approached those whose physiology changed, the metahumans and failed lab experiments. He partnered with S.T.A.R Labs, who had published papers on how those who undertook physiology changes tend to be psychological unbalanced because of the changes their brains chemistry undertook. With S.T.A.R Labs aid they were able to help them find balance and help them think clearly.

Killer Croc joined Wayne Security, where Jade, as the new person in charge, was keeping a close eye on him. Clayman joined the Riddler in Wayne Productions and became a producer and screenwriter for movies and T.V series. Ivy, even while in a mission with the Syrens and Azrael, created a plant based, good for the environment and cruelty free make-up and clothing fabric. Plus, machines to aid the recycling of fabric, plastic, and almost everything really. R&D was very happy.

50% of the earning of the ex-rogues, outside of their salaries, goes to pay back all the people and families they've hurt.

"I'll try," Damian hummed, as things are getting difficult now. Those left are crime bosses and the ones clinically insane. "Is he read?"

"He is," Commissioner Gordon told him.

"Then let's get this over with," Brucie fake shivered. "I might be the new owner of Arkham and had many changed done to the place... still, being here gives me the chills."

"It does the same to everyone," Gordon chuckled. "Maybe the terrain is cursed?"

"Oh, oh, oh, I'm next!" Firefly cackled, as the Waynes and Gordon entered the room. His psychiatrist, a nurse, and a couple of guards surrounded him. "Lucky me!"

"Hello, Mr. Lynns," Damian greeted him, already feeling unnerved.

How is this possible? Damian asked himself confused. I've faced demons and felt nothing. But this human makes me feel restless.

"Are you going to try and change me?" Firefly laughed. "How hypocrite from you!"

"What do you mean by that?" Bruce snapped barely holding back his Batman growl. He did not like how Firefly was looking at his son.

"You do not know Brucie?" Garfield cackled mockingly. "He is just like me!" Damian flinched, finally realizing why Firefly made him nervous. He has lost himself to the to the fire, his eyes were consumed with fire-madness. "I can see the fire in your eyes!" Firefly grinned at Damian, almost friendly... then he beamed. "You want to watch Gotham burn! It will be glorious!"