s i d e . s t o r y

a soft sigh escapes my mouth as i sit at the dinner table, munching on my breakfast. my mom cooking, as my dad is sitting and eating along with me.

"noona!" my younger brother, haehyun comes in with his usual enthusiasm. "i found this very cool new game! we should check it out—" he rants on and on.

yappa yappa yappa

it was a peaceful saturday morning, scratch that not so peaceful. being in uniform body activities ain't fun, they make you go to school on weekend. im only going 'cuz of you eun-jung i think to myself, well you may wonder who the hell is eun-jung. she's well my bestfriend, one of them atleast. she had begged me to join uniform activities saying she was lonely, me being the amazing bestie i am, i told her yes.

immature mistake.

i'd rather stay home, in my room, and play roblox all day. but no, i did a lame mistake.

"haewon get your shoes on and come down, okay?" my dad says as he exits the front door. getting up from the table, i shuffle over to bedroom and grab my bag, leaving.

"be careful, haewon" my mom yells from the kitchen as i leave, "yes, mom" i yell back closing the front door, making sure to lock it.

my dad drops me off infront of the school building, playing with the my the straps of my bag i look at surroundings to see any signs of my bestfriend, until i see a short-ish figure from a far running while waving aggressively. "haewon!" she screamed. embarrassed i look around making sure no one heard my name, "i don't need the whole world knowing my goddamn name" i sigh. "whatever shorty, lets go in" i sigh walking towards the way that leads to the school courtyard. "we are literally the same height" i hear her yell as she catches up, of course not forgetting to slap my forearm, causing me to let out a laugh.

sitting down on the soft grass along with the rest of my group, oh did i mention im the leader of my pack. my two friends, eun-jung and hyun-joo thought i did suit the role. i denied but here i am, unenrolled leading a group of crackheads. hyun-joo is the assistant leader, she's a lot of help gotta mention. other member's in the group are asuna, a foreign student who had come at the beginning of the semester, we became friend's real fast along with another girl, i had forgotten the name of.

i look at the wrist watch sighing contently, "they could have done this in the evening but no, 7am!" i say making a distressed face towards my two friends.

i open my book noting down the attendance, leader responsibility. i look up, trying to remember the date. "its 21st january 2023" i hear hyun-joo say, giving a short smile i note down the date.

about half an hour of listening to the works i had to do in order to enroll, it was finally over.

"alright girl's we are gonna play a round of handball" our guide leader or guider whatever its called yells as everyone gets up from the soft grass. i forgot to mention, the uniform activity i do is girl guide. my friend pulls me up as i dust the grass sticking onto my pants.

don't get me wrong, i'm a lover of sports, but today i wasn't in the mood. nevertheless, the teacher put me to play. i swiftly ran around, trying to get the ball. "haewon" the opposing team member yells as she throws the ball at me. i guess she mixed the teams a smirk appears on my face as i throw it into the opposing teams goal, scoring. my team cheers as they praise me for the goal.

a sudden pain on my finger, leads me to excuse myself off the match as i walk to the guide leader. "ms. kim, i have a weird pain on my ring finger" i look at her pain written all over my face. she rushes me to the water cooler as the nurses office was locked just great. the pain subsided a bit, and it was time for the session to end. i make my way back to the yard along with the teacher who seemed concerned. my bestfriend, eun-jung runs to me with my bag "are you okay? don't cry! be strong" she stops before carefully taking my hand "lets go say the weird poem thing, so we can go home" she drags me to the rest who were forming a circle to say goodbye.