t w e n t y - t h r e e

7th august : worries.

once the two left, yukhei and i ended up back in cuddles. later the evening yukhei left, and i was left alone to pack my bag for the next day. the rest of the night went as usual and i slept quite early, the tiredness catching up to me. that was the first night, i slept without tear stains on my face since the last four months.

the next morning i was awoken by an enthusiastic haehyun, who gave this kid the energy at 6am for sakes i think to myself. school doesn't start till 7am, my alarm doesn't ring till 15 more minutes, am i angry, yes. how dare he interrupt my peaceful sleep.

annoyed i picked up the closest thing to me, which was a rubix cube from my bed cupboard and threw it towards his direction. i heard an grunt and the cube being destroyed into pieces, as it all fell onto my floor. oh well i rolled my eyes and closed them as i heard quietness again.

however, obviously that had to be destroyed too just like the rubix cube. whoever grunted was definitely not haehyun, the voice much deeper to be his voice. but it also sounded oddly familiar, i forcefully open my eyes, my pupils dilated as they met another pair of round big brown orbs. "fuck!" i cursed as i jumped up to sit up, "moody in the morning, now are we" yukhei muttered, rubbing his head, a harsh red swell forming on his forehead.

"remind me to never wake you up in the morning this early" he 'hmph's turning away, crossing his arms. "im sorry" i apologized pressing my lips together. he 'hmph's again, sulking harder. i drag him down to my level and softly press a short forehead kiss. "can i have one down here too?" he smiles like a child, pointing at his lips.

"no." i say bluntly, "okay fine" he says, stretching out the 'y' and 'e'. i shooed him out of my room so i could get ready for school. i looked at my timetable seeing as we had club activities today, i sighed out loud. wearing my usual uniform along with the blazer, and some white tights as the weather outside was cold as fuck!

it was only the beginning of autumn and the weather seems to be going at high speed, i don't go well along with cold weather you see, my face reddens and i get sick easily during this time around. our school allowed us to freely style our uniforms during cold weather, as in wearing hoodies under ur blazer. that's what i did but to be extra safe from the cold wind, i also wore a scarf around my neck. all bundled up, i exited my room, with my bag. walking down the stairs, lightly humming to myself.

i could hear muffled talking from the living room, peaking at the room as i jumped off the last step. i saw my dad and mom talking, yukhei awkwardly hiding behind my mom, as dad looked quite annoyed. "what's going on" i say, squinting my eyes at the three of them.

yukhei's eyes sparkle as he practically hopped towards me and hid behind me, from my intimated looking dad. both my parents look at me. "tell me why the boy that broke your heart is in my house!" my dad grumbles, yukhei's small smile turns into a frown as he huddles even farther behind my back.

my dad fixes his tie, still looking annoyed at the boy behind me. "dad, he apologized" i reason out, but my dad didn't seem to buy it. he angrily exits the house, heading to work, without another word. leaving me, my mom and haehyun — who had entered the room few minutes ago, flabbergasted.

my mom patted my head and yukhei's shoulder, reassuring us it will be fine. she ushered all of us to the table to eat breakfast, before handing me and haehyun our lunch bags and sending the three of us out the door. i could imagine her sighing to herself, as she shut the door after making the kids leave the house.

must be a wholesome 8 hours of her life, alone for once. away from all the stress she's being getting since she was 30 years old.

the sight in-front of me made me internally squeal, my lover and my younger brother who i had a love-hate relationship getting along. they both seemed closer than ever. yukhei had hyun's book bag on his shoulder and he held tightly on to the kid's small hand.