Invaders

"Jewel, over here! I found something!" Phantom called from somewhere off to Jewels left. "I'm coming!" she pushed through the undergrowth, getting several more scratches. She'd never walked through a forest before and had recently figured out that she hated it. "Did you find somewhere to sleep?" she asked as she approached him. "Maybe... I think this is a tunnel; we just need to dig it out. Doesn't look like it's been used in years." "Well let's dig it out then." Phantom snorted in response and flicked some dirt in her face. She shook it off her snout and rolled her eyes. "Okay, maybe I was wrong." he said as the rest of the dirt disappeared into an entrance. "Someone dug out the other side at some point." "Is that good or bad?" She asked. "Doesn't matter, we can't go any farther. We'll have to take a risk. We'll sleep here." He told her, sticking his head into the tunnel. "You seem quite the expert." "I've been running my whole life. You were the first time I stopped. Now I'm running again. I don't think I'll ever stop running. Come on, go to sleep. You're practically asleep on your claws." He said, ushering her in with one wing. "Whatever."

Jewel could hear voices, whispering in her dreams. What do we do? Hybrids? Should we wake them? There was a slight commotion breaking in to her thoughts. She opened her eyes to see a smiling Icewing standing over her. "Ahh!" She sat up whacking her head on the other dragon and knocking her over. "Ow!" they cried unanimously. She heard laughing and looked over to see Phantom awake and laughing at her. "Shut up!" They both said again. He just started laughing harder. "It's not funny!" The Icewing hissed. Jewel was less polite and just whacked him in the head with her wing. "What's going on?" Jewel asked. "You're in our caves." She jumped and darted over to Phantom. Behind her was a small solid dark blue-black dragonet with piercing eyes. "She has that effect on dragons. That's Abyss, our three year old genius. I'm Crystal." The Icewing told her. "Our? So there are more of you?" "Five actually. But Crimson's out right now, Saphira is sulking, and Frigid is hiding behind me." Abyss, the youngest, told her. "Hi." A wiry kind looking Icewing moved into view from the darkness behind her. He waved his talons at them. "You look like someone dragged you through Skywing kingdom backwards." Abyss commented. "Actually, that's a little close to the truth for comfo-OW!" Jewel hit him with her wing again. "That is not what happened." "I'd treat your scratches but, I'm not the healer. She'll be back soon if you want to wait." Jewel looked back a Phantom for conformation that they could trust them. He shrugged. "They could've killed us while we were asleep. Also why would hybrids kill other hybrids. We're all running from the same thing." Jewel decided to trust them, if Phantom did. Those words were how their strange little family got started. Along with "I'M NOT ALONE!" From Frigid, who had previously been the only male.