The Hybrid Hunt

Abyss rant through forest. Her breath came in heavy gasps, her chest heaved and her lungs burned for air. The sound of dragons crashing behind her terrified her. She pushed on despite her burning and aching muscles. Only the adrenaline rush of life or death and the fear of dying kept her going. The Nightwings were right behind her. They would probably kill her if they caught her. Suddenly she felt claws grab her shoulders and yank her backwards. Panic corsed through her. No! I can't be caught! It can't be happening. She was pulled into a tiny entrance but the tunnel opened out almost immediately. In seconds she was let go and started tumbling down a steep slope. Finally she hit the bottom. "Owwww..." She groaned. Her whole body hurt. Finally she opened her eyes. It was nearly pointless. All she saw was darkness. Her see in the dark eyes weren't as good as most Seawings. She closed her eyes an slowly lit up the stripes on her. She kept them dim. She opened her eyes. She was in a really small cavern. That was all she could tell from the small area her markings lit up. "Are you ok?" Came a voice from nearby. The sound made Abyss jump. The face of a concerned dragon slowly appeared in the dim light. She just stared at the shadowy head. The Dragon waited for her to answer. "Um yeah its just some scrapes and bruises." "What's your name little one?" Asked the dragon. "I'm Abyss" she replied "what's your name?" " my name's Crimson." The Dragon told her. "Well hi Crimson." She said politely. "Those Nightwings were chasing you weren't they?"Crimson asked"Yes" she replied quietly. "Because your a hybrid." It wasn't a question but Abyss answered anyway. "Yes" Crimson sighed. "Do you mind if I light up the cave a little more?" She asked tentatively. "Oh I'm sorry! It is rather dark In here isn't it? Of course not, go ahead." Abyss slowly brightened the cavern until she could see the entire inside. There was enough room for 3 dragons to stand side by side in the cave. Crimson looked about 6 years old but very big for that age. She was red with black stripes on her back and neck. Her horns and spines were black. She had black rings of scales that went all the way up her tail an halfway up her legs. She had silver ridged claws, gills, massive wings, a really long tail, and looked kinda like a Rainwing. "What were your parents?" Crimson asked. "My mom was a Seawing and my dad was Nightwing." Crimson hesitated before asking " What happened? How did they find you?" Abyss knew that by 'they' she ment the Nightwings. "After i hatched my mom kept me hidden for 3 years. Finally she left to ask my dad for help keeping me safe." Her memorys flashed before her eyes.

"Can"t you help? Shes your dragonet too." Her mother begged "I'm sorry, I cant. Theres nothing i can do." The Nightwing's ,who was supposed to be her father, eyes were ice."I cant keep hiding her! "They're going to find her eventually! I cant let that happen. Someones bound to notice if i up and disappear."  "I'm sorry. I cant help. You better go before someone sees her." He diidnt look sorry. She looked up pleadingly at her father. He wouldnt even look at her. Why wouldnt he help her! He was her father! Her mother sighed. "Come on Abyss. We need to go before someone sees you." What they didnt notice was the Nightwing, hidden in the shadows, watching the whole confrontation.

"There must have been someone who saw us. Before we knew it we were attacked by Nightwings. They captured my mom but i managed to run like she told me to. Then you saved me." Abyss finished. "Thats horrible. Especially about your dad." "Are you a hybrid to?" She asked Crimson. "Yes" Crimson replied vaguely. "You should spend the night here, because of the Hybrid Hunt" "The Hybrid Hunt?" She aksed. "The way the dragon tribes hunt down the hybrids." She explained. Oh. The Hybrid Hunt.