Chapter 7 - Forgotten Legacy

While Orine and Hiro were engaged in a contented conversation, Daichi arrived at his home. His house stood out from the others. From the outside, it looked like a typical Japanese dwelling, but the interior revealed the true essence of the building. The inside was decorated in a Victorian style, with large and heavy furniture made of mahogany and oak wood. The walls were adorned with paintings depicting older generations of the chairman's family. Next to the large windows, there were elaborately decorated curtains with ornate patterns. Before speaking to his father, the chairman decided to change his clothes. He believed that it would be inappropriate for him to appear in ordinary attire. He went to his room, which was located near the kitchen.

Compared to the other rooms, the charming young man's space was ordinary. It contained a couple of bookshelves with books on detective and historical themes, two white cabinets, and a wardrobe for clothes. The room also had a desk with a navy blue lamp on it. To the right of the desk, there was a bed with purple bedding, situated next to a single window. Framed family photographs hung on the walls, along with ones featuring just his sister, as well as pictures of him, Rui, and Hiro from their middle school days. The elegant man walked up to the wardrobe and took out his favorite suit. He had a few sets of the same clothing for random occasions. The bespectacled young man efficiently changed into his formal attire, then looked at the photographs of his sister and his friends.

Daichi decided to make his way to his father's study, located at the far left end of the building. The bespectacled man approached the door slowly. As he opened it, he saw Raichi. His father was seated at a mahogany desk, diligently transcribing documents with an old-fashioned fountain pen.
- Good evening, Father - he spoke with a tone full of gravity and respect.
If an outsider were to hear Daichi and Raichi's conversation, they might assume that one was a subordinate and the other a ruler. They always addressed each other formally, using serious and lofty language.
- You may enter - the father announced coldly, ceasing his writing.
The chairman stepped into the room and closed the door behind him. The study resembled a library, with bookcases filled with titles on various topics - physics, biology, astronomy, psychology, and more. Raichi, the father of the chairman, stood at an imposing height of two meters. His white hair cascaded onto his forehead, naturally falling to the right side. Almost reaching his eyes, they emphasized his elegance and seriousness. He was dressed in a navy blue suit with a white shirt and a dark purple tie. He peered sharply at his son with his violet eyes as he adjusted his black glasses and asked a question.
- What are your intentions? Tell me briefly and without unnecessary details - his words resembled more of a command than parental concern.

This didn't mean that he didn't care for his son. The chairman's fate was one of the highest priorities for the older man, even if his words didn't convey it. Raichi had a specific way of speaking, and his voice always sounded resonant and serious. Some believed it came with age; after all, he was 48 years old, but the truth was that this manner of speaking had accompanied him since he was a child. Intuition told him that this conversation was not only about conveying information but also about bidding farewell.
- I'm going to the Kyushu region. I intend to find my sister and bring her home. I can't predict the return date, nor can I guarantee that I won't perish in the search. That's why I wanted..." - Daichi began to explain.
- Enough -  Raichi interrupted him. He knew what his son wanted to say, but he believed that the violet-haired youth was too emotionally driven. - Do you have any grounds to believe that the mission will succeed? - he added, wanting to verify the logical foundation of the plan to ensure that he was not following his heart alone but also his mind
- Considering our current situation, we might perish even after reaching there - the man replied, maintaining his stiff posture throughout the conversation.

The chairman knew that at their current level of training, they were not able to resist more dangerous opponents. In any other matter, he would have considered this idea unfeasible, but it was about his sister, after all. Even if this reckless plan resulted in his death, he had to face it. He would never abandon a family member or friend to the whims of fate. His father commended his dedication, glad that he had made the decision so quickly, but he couldn't let go of the planning aspect.
- You are not devoid of intellect, that's not the whole truth - the older man declared, wanting to hear the full extent of his son's plan.
- Indeed - confirmed the elegant young man.
Although the whole situation seemed absurd, the taller man couldn't resist the impression that his offspring had changed. He sensed that he was torn by love for his sister, but also his mind seemed unusually sharpened. - "Desperation paints his face, but his eyes speak of burning determination... he has matured" - he thought, analyzing the elegant young man.