11

"Are you feeling better? You seemed upset." Victoria asks while we walk to our History classroom and I nod with a hum.

"You were right, rumours don't last long," I shrug and she eyes me up and down, "Besides, this all looks like an act of jealousy, she probably wishes she could be me."

"You tell her," Vic laughs, I don't know what that girl wants from me but being creative enough to make up a rumour like that seems like a little obsessive. I'll just have to ignore her existence and make her understand I couldn't care less about her little mind games.

We step inside and sit on our usual seats, Harry's head turning from where he usually sits and smirking at me as I side-glance at him. I turn my back to him to look at Vic as I set my backpack on top of the table. "Still, it's pretty fucked up saying things like that about someone."

"It is, but it's not my problem."

"It is your problem, Nova, she's making up stuff about your life," She rolls her eyes and I notice how frustrated she's also feeling and I touch her arm with a small smile.

"Let her be, I'm the one laughing at the end of the day." I giggle, secretly gesturing to Harry with my head and she smirks at me and we both sit up straighter when the teacher walks in and gives us a stern look.

This guy needs to relax, the class hasn't even started and he's already giving us some weird stares because we're talking. "Alright kids, I'm going to give you guys an essay, in groups of two which I will make and I'll send you more information about it through email."

I roll my eyes frustratingly at the fact that I can't pick my partner for this essay, I feel like this guy is truly giving up on this job. Not because of choosing the groups but because he didn't even greet us and we still don't know what this essay is about, along with many other things he does every time but I seriously shouldn't be so judgmental about a teacher.

"What a jerk, why does he have to pick?" Vic shakes her head while staring directly at him and I laugh softly before shrugging as he begins calling out names to form the duos.

"Victoria and Arthur," I furrow my eyebrows immediately and Vic bangs her head on the desk a little too loudly, my eyes widening at her actions as everyone turns to look at her, "Is there a problem, miss?"

"A lot of them, but I'd rather stay quiet," She replies while straightening her back and sending the teacher a fake smile as he rolls his eyes and keeps putting together these groups, "I was still hoping I'd be with you."

"Maybe another time! Don't you worry your pretty head about it," I smile at her as she hides her face in her hands and pretends to cry while I pat her shoulder with a quiet laugh.

"Harry, you go with Nova."

My eyes widen and Vic immediately turns to look at me with raised eyebrows and parted lips as I send a glance his way only to find him already staring at me, the corner of his lips rising for a millisecond before turning to look ahead and I send a weird look at Vic. "You lucky gal."

"No Vic, you know how seriously I take these essays, no time for that stuff," I tell her honestly and she nods with a smirk plastered on her lips and I cross my arms at her mocking.

"God, you're going to get laid nearly every day." She shakes her head in disbelief and I pinch her arm, causing her to furrow her eyebrows while glimpsing at me, rubbing her arm at my actions.

"That's not going to happen, I want this essay to be perfect." It's true, I may be the teenage girl who goes to parties and sleeps with people every time said parties happen but I care a lot about school and my grades, whenever there are essays or tests I make sure I do my best to have a good outcome.

"I don't doubt that babe, but if you can't help yourself at school," she gestures for the whole space around us with her hand and I arch an eyebrow, "I can't see you resisting it at his or your house."

"I can do that, it's easy." I dismiss the conversation when the teacher slams his hand on his desk at the clear chaos he created by deciding to form the groups himself and people stop talking, giving him glares that I'm pretty sure he can sense but just decides to ignore it and start his lesson.

Time flies by suddenly when I rest my head on my arm on my desk and close my eyes, because what only felt like five minutes turned out to be the whole class time, Vic shakes my shoulder with widened eyes and I sit up quickly.

"I'm awake." I let out, swatting her hand away before turning to get up as I see everyone leaving but stop in my tracks when I notice Harry standing right next to me. I stay seated, looking at him with raised eyebrows as he gazes down at me with a neutral face, no emotion showing on his features.

"You want to start that essay today at my house?" He asks, glancing at my lips for a millisecond before making eye contact with me once more and I smile innocently up at him.

"Sure." I get up from my seat, making him take a small step back to give me space to do so and he sets a hand on top of my desk and I hold back a giggle when I remember Vic is still waiting for me, next to me.

"Meet me by the exit at the end of classes."

He walks away and I grab my backpack and sling it over my shoulder as Vic breathes out while we begin walking out. "He's intimidating." She raises her eyebrows and I laugh at her words, shrugging softly while she smiles at me.

"I think it's hot."

"Definitely," She smirks and I giggle lightly, squeezing her arm gently in a way to bid my farewell before we part ways to our next class.