CORSET FITTING AT THE RENN FEST 1

Thirty minutes after Lia should have been at Evie's house, Evie called her. "Where are you?" she asked, exasperated, as she eyed the rapidly-moving morning interstate traffic outside her apartment window. "We aren't going to get there to see the opening ceremonies!" Evie had just recently seen an ad on TV for this Renaissance Festival at the local fairgrounds that sounded like a lot of fun, so she and Lia had made plans to go.

A groan answered. "Evie...I met this man last night and..." her friend began.

"Ok, so you got some...so what! This meant a lot to me," Evie complained, disappointed yet again. What was it about sex with men that had Lia so worked up that she forgot all her promises? Sex wasn't that great – just some guy pounding away on top of you, and you having to fake an orgasm at the end. Masturbation...now that was way better. That way, you could fantasize about whomever you wanted, in whatever situation.

Evie was aware she wasn't as good looking as her friend Lia. She and Lia had been friends since middle school, so she was used to being passed over by guys. Evie was truly shy about her looks and she'd learned to hide behind books and glasses, while her friend Lia was more outgoing and social. Lia was model material – medium length black hair, striking green eyes, pert breasts, and she was over 5'7" in height. Evie, on the other hand, was shorter, with what she thought of as a dumpy figure – but she was actually truly curvaceous, with large breasts and a firm, round ass. She was 5'4," petite, with long, curling brown hair and blue eyes. She had a 36D bust, but she had learned to conceal it with body shapers and uncomfortable bras. Why wasn't it still fashionable to have a large bust?

Evie sighed, pulled back into the conversation by her friend Lia's insistent voice. "...Anyway, you just wouldn't believe him. Stamina like a horse, and hung like it too. I think he's a keeper, at least for a little while..." Lia's pause told Evie she should say something.

"Great. Congrats. I guess I'll go to the Renn Faire on my birthday by myself."

"Evie, no, really, I can get ready and be there in like, an hour and a half, I just have to get ready..."

"Forget it, Lia, I'm walking out the door. I know how long you take. We'd be lucky to get there by the time it closes." Evie sighed again, and hung up the phone on her friend. What a way to start a birthday. Lia had a new boy toy and, once again, she had to take the back seat to her friend's passions. Being the friend of a drama major certainly had its drawbacks.

***

As Evie drove up to the wooded fairgrounds, she looked around, appreciating how beautiful the day was. It was early fall, and the air had a crisp bite to it; the sun through the trees fell in long golden bars. She felt a shiver of anticipation, and smiled for the first time that day. "Even though the day may be going bad," she said to herself, "I still feel like I'm going to Disney World." The comparison stuck with her as she watched hundreds of costumed people walk up to the castle-like gates, and as what was presumably a Knight and some Ladies wave down to the crowds. "Hey, I wonder if that's King Arthur," she mused to herself. She felt a sudden stab of disappointment in herself that she couldn't find anything remotely "Medievalish" to wear – she'd had to settle for a t-shirt and blue jeans. Even Lia had planned to dress up. She sighed and got out of her car, walking down the long gravel road to the Faire.

Once Evie was inside the gates, she was greeted by the ticket lady. "How do you do, Milady. Welcome to the Faire."

Evie smiled at the girl, momentarily surprised by the greeting. "T-thanks. You have a beautiful dress." The dress was a maroon velvet, with a lace-up bodice at the top embroidered with wild roses. It was probably one of the most beautiful dresses she'd ever seen. The girl's milky white breasts contrasted sharply with the red velvet, drawing the eyes to their perfect roundness. They heaved and quivered with every breath.