GIRL'S NIGHT OUT 1

"Damn, I'm running late."

Liyah looked at the time on her cell phone with a bit of disgust, then lifted her trucker cap and smoothed down her long, straight jet-black hair. Adjusting the hat and accompanying sunglasses to her comfort, she slipped her cell back in her purse and walked up the last step of the Astor Place train stop. She dressed casually, yet trendy as would befit both her looks and the neighborhood. Her baby t-shirt looked even smaller than it was with her long, lean torso, and the fact she had D-cup breasts would have made her shirt seem downright slutty on an extrovert. In actuality, Liyah was shy and reserved. She just didn't mind the extra bit of attention she received nowadays. Always considered somewhat of an "ugly duckling" during the teen years, she was enjoying her new found beauty.

In a concession to the warm weather, she wore a pair of short shorts on her narrow hips that showed off her long caramel legs as she walked over to the restaurant. She was careful not to wear them too short, lest people get to know her *too* well.

Glancing up through her shades, she noticed the place coming up ahead. It was a regular spot for her and her friend Nikki for their regular hangout sessions. Walking across the street to her destination, she brushed off the attention paid to her legs and glided into the restaurant.

"Hello, how are you doing today?" the greeter asked with a pleasant smile.

"Oh, nothing," Liyah said. "Do you perchance know if someone named Nicole has arrived yet? I'm supposed to meet her here."

"No, I don't think so." The greeter shrugged.

"Oh, ok. Could you get me a table for two, and guide her over here when she does?"

"Sure, ma'am. Just a moment."

"Figures she'd be late," she muttered to herself as the greeter guided her over to a table for two by the front. "At least I'll be able to see her coming from this spot."

She sat down in the chair pulled out for her, crossed her long legs and doffed her hat and sunglasses. Ordering a Corona with lime as she waited, she thought about how close they were growing up. Nicole, or "Nikki" always had this habit of being the wild one while Liyah was always the quiet one. Nonetheless, since they met each other back when they were eight in grade school, they were like siblings. Back then when Liyah was Omar, they were like Brother and Sister. "Now we're BOTH sisters," Liyah thought with a smirk.

Batting her almond-shaped eyes that were reflective of her Jamaican -Chinese roots, she looked out across the street to see Nikki coming, scrambling across the street. "Oh, there she is," Liyah said to no one as her beer arrived. "I hope she at least remembered her money."

Nikki walked into the restaurant fluffing her voluminous curly fro. Her large brown eyes sparkled as she looked for her friend. Her big silver earrings brushed against her shoulders as she turned her head to and fro looking for Liyah. "Bitch had BETTER be here..." Nikki had to admit that she really didn't know what to look for. It had been a few years since the last time she saw her childhood friend, and back then Liyah was Omar. She had only seen pictures of her friend as a girl but she knew pictures weren't always true to life. Nikki was the type to play things fast and loose with no worries, but she had to admit she was kind of nervous when she spotted the small-framed long haired beauty sitting close to the front of the restaurant. She adjusted her tight red wife beater fully aware that the puffy nipples of her breasts (the size of large oranges) were protruding and straining against the fabric. Her obscenely short denim skirt did nothing to hide her thick thighs as they hugged her round honey complexion ass. She walked over gingerly in her 80's style red pumps as her various bangles and jewelry jangled.