His Eyes

(A/N: Hi everyone! This is my first story that I'll actually continue writing and hopefully it'll pick up some traction! Please comment if you like it. Thanks? Thanks.)

Ross's POV:

"I can't believe we're in Detroit!" someone yelled, sarcastically, from the back of the tour bus.

I wasn't paying attention as to who said it. Probably Rydel or Riker. Hell, it could've been Rocky or Ratliff, I have no idea. See, I'm Ross Lynch. I'm part of R5, a fairly well known band with my siblings. My parents thought it would be cute to name us all with the letter 'R'. I guess I see the appeal, but it's still kind of weird all being part of the same band.

We were just driving over the bridge from Canada into Detroit to continue our North American tour. I've just been staring out the window for the most part, wondering how such a once grand city could've fallen into such ruins. It was depressing. Not to mention the fact that I had other things on my mind.

See, since we've been on the road, I haven't had any time to go out with..hell, even meet a decent girl. I'm usually always swamped with girls that know me from Disney or fans of the band, but our security keeps them away, and as cocky as it sounds, I don't think they could string a sentence together out of nervousness.

I was snapped out of my thoughts as the bus abruptly stopped, and I finally noticed that the sun was setting.

"Hey guys, where are we again? This seems way nicer than Detroit...". I recognized the voice this time! It was Rydel, my sister.

I decided to speak up. "Yeah, Detroit felt unsafe, so we're staying in downtown Birmingham. About 45 minutes from Detroit! Should be fun. Just remember, we have a record signing tomorrow at noon, then the concert tomorrow night, and we're on to Ohio".

"Okay, so we'll head up to the rooms yeah?" Ratliff muttered as he shuffled off the bus sleepily. It wasn't even that late, but I guess it was a long drive.

"Okay cool. Hey guys, would you mind taking my luggage up to the suite? I want to walk around and explore a bit". My brothers and sister knew I liked to take walks in certain cities, and so long as they were safe, they didn't mind.

"Sure bro, see you in an hour or something!", and with that, I spun on my heels and headed out the door.

A half hour ticked by, and I found myself walking down a quite sidewalk lined with boutique businesses and restaurants. I could tell this was a very upscale little city..probably where most of the affluent families of Detroit migrated to.

Lost in my thoughts, I slammed into another object. Could've been a person, or a lamp post for all I know. I really needed to pay more attention.

"OH MY GOD! I'm SO sorry! Are you okay?" the object asked, worriedly. I rubbed my head and decided to respond.

"Uhm, yeah, I'm okay. Sorry, I was just in my own little-

"Oh my god you're Ross Lynch aren't you?? Dude I actually love your music! I..I'm Dustin!" the boy said, interrupting me a bit.

I didn't mind though..I was lost in this kid's eyes. I mean, I'm not gay. I mean..I haven't been with a girl either...but that's just because I've been so busy! Anyways, his eyes were a crystal clear blue color with specks of gold in them. The setting sun made them glow, and I couldn't even speak.

"Hey..Ross, do you need a doctor or something?"

Yes. My heart is racing and I can't speak. Doctor please..

"Nah...nah..I'm okay. Sorry. I love your eyes.."

Gay. Super, super gay Ross. You aren't gay.

"Heh, thanks Ross. Anyways, I'm on my way to meet a friend of mine for dinner...would you like to come? You're by yourself and it's the least I can do for running you down like that".

I was stunned. He thought it was his fault? No. Nothing could be this boy's fault. Not with those eyes. I don't know what it was, but I needed to know more about Dustin...

"I..I can't. My brothers and sis will be wondering where I am about now. But uhm..can I borrow your phone really quickly? I think my screen cracked. I just want to text my sister so she knows I'm coming back to the hotel now"

I lied. Through my teeth.

"OH, yeah sure! Here you go!"

I smiled at this boy's innocence. I took the new iPhone out of his hand, and opened the Event Calendar. Why I was doing this, I had no idea.

I typed "Text Ross" in the Subject line, and my phone number in the Location line, and set it for 30 minutes from now, as well as putting my phone number in his contacts.

I handed Dustin his phone back, and finally took a second to take in his appearance.

Not only did he have the coolest eyes I've ever seen on a human being, but his hair has an awesome hazel brown color; perfectly chopped and styled. It looked like Louis Tomlinson from One Direction's hair. Not the old bowl cut, but the new, styled look. He was gorgeous. I'm not sure why I thought he was...but he was.

"Thanks Dustin! I have to run now...but...I'll talk to you later!" I said with a smile and a wink. He looked a bit confused, but waved back as I took off towards the hotel, too nervous as to what might happen next.

Why did I just do that?

And just as I began to start over thinking things, my phone buzzed and my mind was wiped clear..