The Concert

Dustin's POV:

"You did WHAT? HE did WHAT?"

"God Katie, I just told you! Interesting though, eh?"

"Uh, YEAH! Very interesting Dusty! He's been your biggest star crush right?! Like other than Zac Efron post-HSM?"

I chuckled. She knew me too well.

"Yeah. Haha I guess so!"

"Well Dustin, go get him. I'm coming to the concert, obvs, but I'm gonna disappear when the moment seems necessary! Where are you taking him??"

I've put a lot of thought into this, even though I already told him I knew where we should go.

"Uhm, I'm thinking..Cafe' Via? Where we were the other night? It's super romantic and the fireplace out back is perfect!"

"Good call! I'm sure he'll love it"

Yeah. I hope so too. It is a date, after all.

"Okay! Ready to go?" Katie said, excitement sparkling in her eyes.

I said "sure" halfway out the door. We got in my new Lexus and headed for downtown Detroit. Not my favorite place to be, but for Ross Lynch, I'd go anywhere.

--------> 6:45pm

We arrived at the concert and looked for the door Ross told us to go to. We've been texting non-stop today, and it's been awesome!

Katie ran ahead of me and started knocking loudly on the door. A burly, bald-headed man with 'Security' written on his shirt opened the door.

"Name."

"Uhm..Dustin, and Katie?" Katie said, motioning to us.

"Go in." The man said, sternly.

"Well he's just a bundle of sunshine isn't he Dusty?"

"Haha, yeah, whatever. Let's go find their dressing room!" I said, pushing past her and running down the hall..not really knowing where I was headed.

The door was wide open, with 'R5' written on it.

I walked in to find Ross alone, tuning his guitar.

"DUSTIN! I mean..Dustin. Hey! This must be..Katie? Nice to meet you, I'm-"

"Ross Lynch! I know! Hi! Oh my god you're so much cuter in person! Dustin said as much, but GOD!"

His face lit up. I put my palm up to my forehead, wishing Katie was less embarrassing. She caught on.

"So! Uhm...I'm Katie, and I'm...gonna go find..Dip'n'Dots (A/N AMAZING ice cream, btw) and...do..some stuff. Have fun boys!" She said with a wink. Oh my god Katie. Stop.

Ross laughed.

"Well she's fun! And cute"

I was surprised by that.

"But.." He said, closing the door.

"Not nearly as cute as you.." He said, about an inch away from my face. I blushed madly.

"Thanks Rossy. I don't have words to describe you".

He kissed me on the cheek, and he grabbed my hand, staring into my eyes. Just when I finally got the courage to kiss him, the door slammed open.

"ROSS! On in five minu-- oh, hey Dustin! Did I interrupt??"

Rydel. And Rocky. Great timing.

"Well then. You're trying to kiss my brother? Not before the first date, Dustin!" She laughed, leaving the room.

Ross looked terrified. I guessed Rydel knew, but Rocky? Probably not.

Rocky could obviously read our thoughts.

"Oh chill Ross, I knew the second Dustin met us at the signing. Did ya really think NOBODY saw you two holding hands under the table? Uhuh"

Ross looked shocked.

"Chill bro, I love ya. I'll always support you. And we won't tell a soul till you're ready"

His face instantly relaxed.

"Oh! And Dustin..."

"Yeah Rocky?"

If you hurt my brother..I'll hurt you. Kbye!

Ross and I chuckled simultaneously.

"Well. That was a bit of a buzzkill. But I'll see you after the concert Dusty?"

"I hope so!" And with that, he kissed my cheek, and ran out onto the stage to meet a screaming crowd.

I felt lucky. Incredibly lucky. Out of all the people here..and in other states..Ross Lynch chose me.