The Surprise

Ross's POV:

I woke up to the jolt of the plane touching down.

"Mmf. Dusty?"

"Yeah baby, I'm awake". I looked at him from my seat, looking into those same angelic, beautiful eyes.

I leaned up and kissed my boyfriend, hearing the rings on our necklaces clinking together. I grabbed the rings in my hand and felt them between my fingers. I closed my eyes for a minute, and Dustin must've thought I fell asleep again, because I swear I heard him say,

"One day; it'll be on your hand".

My heart dropped out of my chest. I couldn't believe he said it. Not that I was complaining...I was slowly coming around to the idea.

"Thank you for flying Delta ladies and gentlemen. We know you have a choice in airline travel, and thank you for choosing us"

We stood up, groggily, and got our suitcases from the overhead bin. We made our way into the terminal, holding hands. Dustin ran ahead once we got to the baggage claim area and hailed a Town Car, and started for the W Hotel the rest of the band was staying at.

We arrived about a half hour later. Rydel was waiting outside for us, and the second we got out of the car, I felt her arms wrap around both Dustin and I.

"I'm SO glad to see you boys!" She yelled at the top of her lungs. Then she leaned in and whispered, "Did you have a fun time Rossy? You'll have to tell me what happened!"

"Yeah, I'll fill you in later Ry"

"I thought I did enough of that in Boston" Dustin said with a smirk. We both chuckled at the comment, and Rydel laughed until she dropped on the curb. It was already pretty late and we were both exhausted from the flight.

"Okay boys, let's get upstairs, we have a concert in two days!"

----------> The Next Morning

Dustin's POV:

I woke up next to Ross, his arms comfortably wrapped around me like usual. I loved waking up like this.

I snuck out of bed, leaving my angel sleeping, and hopped in the shower. After I got out, that familiar mop of blonde hair was standing in the doorway, peering into the bathroom.

"Need a towel Dusty? On second thought, maybe I shouldn't give this to you, I'm enjoying the view" he said with a smirk.

"Hehe..later boo. We've got a busy day! I know your concert is tomorrow but I wanna take you around Miami!"

"Sounds good babe", he replied. He stripped down to his pink Calvin Klein's, teasing me before getting in the shower.

After about a half an hour, we were both dressed and on our way out the door. I had everything planned; we'd tour Miami and South Beach, get lunch, and I had even planned for us to see an open-house of a beautiful waterfront mansion.

I had a secret. I had always wanted to move to Miami. I sold the house in Michigan, since it only brought back sad memories. The sale of that bought the home we would "look" at, and an extra surprise. And Katie would be here for school too, so that was a bonus! Hopefully he'd like it. This was a few weeks in the making.

The day went by pretty quickly. We ate at a Cuban restaurant right across from the beach. I even rented the new 2015 Corvette Stingray for us to drive around in. Convertible, of course.

As we were driving around (I knew where we were going, but Ross assumed it was random), we ended up turning onto a small bridge before stopping at a guard shack and a beautiful sign that read "Star Island".

"What's Star Island?" He asked, breaking the silence.

"Well Rossy, you love Miami, right? And I've always loved it here too. Michigan holds a lot of bad memories for me, so I thought we'd look at a home for sale. For..us.."

"Wow! That was unexpected..but..sure baby, whatever you want. I just want to be with you. We don't have any more concerts after tonight so if you wanted to buy or rent a little house, I'd totally stay".

That made what I was about to tell him so much easier.

"Well..-"

I was cut off by a guard in a neatly pressed uniform.

"Hello sir, name?"

"Uhm..yeah..Dustin. Dustin Linos".

"Oh yes sir! You're our new resident! Welcome. Go on in".

The gate opened and Ross looked at me with a skeptical look plastered on his face. He was confused to say the least.

I could feel the heat on my cheeks already.

We pulled up to another gate, this one massive compared to the guard gate up front. I pulled out my phone and checked the email the realtor had sent me.

"1..5..9..7..."

The gate moved inward with ease, and we drove the car up to the front. In front of us sat a giant, white, modern home. It was 8,400 square feet, and the seller included brand new furniture worth a little over a million dollars itself. It was a steal.

At first, Ross was just amazed at the giant home in front of him, until he realized that there was a car hauler in the driveway unloading Dustin's numerous sports cars.

I paid $12,500,000 for this home. I just already knew Ross would love it. I looked over at the boy. His jaw was agape. Eyes wide. Frozen still.

"You already bought the house?! Dustin you didn't have to!"

"I know I didn't Rossy. I wanted to. I wanted a place for us to start fresh. It's your style too, so I hope you like it"

"Yes it is boo. Do you lik-"

"I LOVE IT!!!" he shouted as he ran to the front door. The realtor had left the key under the mat.

We walked into the foyer, and lights automatically lit up. It was a smart-home, just like my old home in Michigan.

Ross ran around the home like a puppy; exploring everything. I walked him out back, which revealed a beautiful pool with new poolside furniture, a gorgeous dock, which sat empty (for now), and the sunset glaring over the water.

"The furniture is almost new. I had a new bed delivered for us, to start new. The fridge is stocked, and we can stay here tonight. I snuck out bags into the car when you weren't looking"

He pulled me in and kissed me passionately.

"Thank you Dustin! Can we invite the band here tonight? I want them to see!"

As if on cue, the doorbell rang. Ross looked at me questioningly and I motioned him towards the door. The rest of R5 was standing there, looking around as if they just stepped into a museum.

"Already invited them boo. I knew you'd want them to see it. That being said, I also told them to bring their bags and stay with us before they leave in a week".

"I. Love. You. Dustin." Was all Ross could get out. I could see tears well up in his eyes. The whole band seemed so excited...except Ratliff, but that was to be expected. He probably envisioned a life like this for himself and Ross. I feel bad for him, but Rossy is mine.

"Come in! I'll show you around!"

I laughed at his enthusiasm. He was always so full of energy.

Ross led the group into the home, and I sat down out back, watching as the sun set for the evening.

By the end of the night, Ross and Dustin were just too tired to make their way up to their new bedroom and decided to sleep on the massive wrap around white plush couch.

"Hey boo..I forgot to tell you that I've got another surprise for you tomorrow!"

"Oh god Dustin, I'm afraid" he stated, with an awkward smirk on his face.

"Good", Dustin said with a smirk, remembering that he made sure his checkbook was in the glovebox of his car.

The two boys fell asleep quickly.

A/N: THIS IS NOT THE LAST CHAPTER. THERE WILL BE ONE MORE.