The Signing

Ross's POV:

*BEEPBEEPBEEPBEEP*

"Mmnf fuhhhhck" was all I could mutter as my phone alarm began to ring out, disturbing my dream about--

"Dustin.."

"Who?? Rossy, did you meet someone last niiiight?" Rydel's voice sang out, almost jokingly. Good thing we had this room to ourselves, or her comment mighty actually worry me.

"Ugh, Ry, fine, I'll talk to you, but promise me you won't judge me or tell a SOUL. Please?" I said with my best puppy dog face.

"Sure Rossy. What's up?"

Sigh.

"Well, I was out walking last night..and I ran into this guy..like literally ran into him. And his eyes were incredible. Like the bluest blue I've ever seen, with gold specks in them! And his hair was really cool. And his smile..and.."

"ROSSY HAS A CRUSH!! I thought I'd never see the day!"

"NO! It's not a crush..I like girls?" I said, questioning myself as I tried to convince her of the same.

Ry shook her head at me.

"Ross...I knew you were gay..or at least bi before you knew. I think it's cute! I'll make you a deal. I won't tell a soul..so long as you ask him to see us at the concert back stage".

Awkward.

"Well..I kind of already did..to the signing too. I don't know..I guess I kind of like him. But I've only known him for like half a day! And I'm not..gay..." I trailed off, again trying to convince myself as I said it.

"Okay...well. Spend some more time with him today and tonight, then tell me you aren't bi; okay Rossy?" She said, smiling as she skipped into the bathroom.

I don't know what I'm feeling..but it's definitely confusing.

---------> 2:27p.m.

I made it to the signing with my family at Tower Records to sign for some fans. I have no idea why, but all the girls in line out front, who would probably throw themselves at me...it didn't do anything for me. All I could think about was--

"Ross?" a familiar voice rang out.

Dustin. Ugh. His eyes. They were mesmerizing.

"Rossss?" Dustin said again.

"Uh. Yeah hi! What's up dude?!"

Really? What's up; dude? That's the best I could come up with?

"Not much. Thanks for inviting me! I was gonna come anyways but..being here *with* you, instead of just to get your signature..I like it.."

The biggest blush covered this boys face. It was adorable. Part of me wanted to just kiss him...

WAIT NO. NO ROSS STOP IT.

"What was that, Rossy?" Rydel said with a smile plastered on her face. God, I need to stop saying what I'm thinking, even if it is under my breath.

"Uh, nothing RyRy. Hey, this is my new friend, Dustin. The one I ran into last night".

"Uhm, Hmhi Rydel. I'm Dustin! I'm a fan of you guys! Especially Ross! No offense..?"

That made my heart skip a little. Maybe he was gay? Or bi? Maybe I'll ask him tonight at the concert or something..

But before I could realize what I was doing, I got up and dragged Dustin by the hand behind an isle of CD's.

"What's up Ross?"

"Are you gay?"

God I hate myself sometimes.

The same angelic voice spoke to me.

"I mean..Uhm..I..prefer other boys..I guess, yeah. Is that okay? Cuz if it's not it's okay I won't come to the concert later and I won't bother you I'm sorry.." he trailed off.

His bumbling was the most adorable thing I've seen anyone ever do. I grabbed his hand.

"No..no..it's fine! I was just curious..for personal..reasons" I said, feeling a blush creeping up on my cheeks.

"Oh! Well, are you?"

This was something I couldn't really answer.

"Uhm..no. But..maybe? Your eyes..and your personality..I can't say.."

I saw his face lighten up with surprise..fear...and adoration.

"Well! Okay then. Since you like my eyes so much..I'm guessing we can still go out to dinner? It can be just like friends or whatever"

Or whatever?

"Or a date.." He muttered. I liked the last one.

I made sure to keep my voice in a hushed tone.

"Or a date..sounds good. Now let's head back to the others. Wouldn't want to disappoint the fans!".

And with that, I grabbed his hand, led him back to the table, and sat him down next to me.

Rydel saw us holding hands. Shit. She smiled at me wildly and gave me a nudge.

"Hey Rossy! Hey Dustin! You guys were gone for a bit, what's up?" she said, a smile on her face.

Dustin blushed. I blushed.

"Well Rydel, we were just talking about the concert later!" said Dustin. Ah, my savior.

"Mhhm. Okay then boys, whatever you say!" and with that, Dustin grabbed my hand under the table and smiled at me.

I was reluctant at first..but I laced his fingers in mine and grabbed his hand. I never wanted to let go.

"So.." Dustin said under his breath, "Let me take you out to dinner tonight. I know a great place. We can go after your concert?"

I thought for a moment, but it didn't take much thought.

"SURE!" I yelled, much louder than I wanted it to be. He smiled at me. His smile...

Now Rocky spoke up from the other end of the table "Okay guys, time to get ready for the concert! Ross, your new 'friend' can meet us at the concert? I'm sure he wants to get ready too".

The way Rocky said 'friend' was kinda sketchy..but who cares.

"Sure, I'll go home and get ready! I'll see you guys tonight! Bye Rossy!" My sis was the only one that called me Rossy...but I loved Dustin calling me that.

And with that, Dustin made sure fans couldn't see, and kissed me on the cheek.

It felt right. It felt like I've known him forever.