The Text

Dustin's POV:

I have no idea what had just happened. I was at the restaurant, telling my best friend Katie about what had just happened, when my phone buzzed in my pocket.

Call Ross :)

(289) 555-2454

My heart dropped. I can't believe he left his number for me.

See, I'm gay. You might not guess it at first sight, but yes, completely, and utterly, gay. Ross Lynch has always been one of my celebrity crushes ever since I first saw him on Austin and Ally. Since then, he was the subject of some rather heavy fantasies; both romantic and..well...you get the point.

I didn't hesitate. I grabbed my phone tightly, wondering if I was dreaming, and texted the number.

"Hey...is this Ross? Ross Lynch? This is Dustin".

I held my breath, waiting for a response, completely ignoring Katie for the moment.

Ross wasn't gay. There was no way. But why would he leave me his number? Maybe to apologize? But that just seemed awkward..maybe he was gay.

"Hey gay boy, you DO know you're here with someone right?" Katie said, waving her hand in front of my face. We have a no texting rule when at dinner, but I couldn't believe what just happened.

"I'm sorry love! Give me ten minutes and I'll explain" I said as I made my way to the back door. There was a little outdoor dining area behind the restaurant, with a large outdoor fireplace, which was cool given the urban area we were in.

I sat next to the roaring fire, ignoring the few people outside. My phone buzzed.

"Uh, yeah, hey! Sorry again about earlier. And sorry about this randomness. You seem interesting"

Oh. My. God. Ross Lynch thinks I look interesting! But why? Who the hell cares, I want to talk to him!

Before I could reply, another text came in.

"And hey, to make up for earlier, I was wondering if you wanted to come to our signing event..and the concert? I don't know if you already had tickets (I did), but I've got a backstage pass with your name on it!"

My jaw dropped to the floor. What the hell was happen- *buzzz*

"And maybe I can take you out to dinner after the concert?"

I took a deep breath.

Shut up Dustin. This isn't anything. He just thinks he did something wrong and wants to make it right. But who knows, maybe someone like him could eventually like me.

"Absolutely! Well, I was going to go to both anyways so I could maybe meet you in person! So see you around 2:30?".

I giggled at my own self confidence, and at the same time was worried beyond belief.

One last text came in.

"I'm headed to bed, but 2:30 sounds perfect. It's a date! See you then Dustin :)" .

.....A date?