Chapter 35

Damon Vincenzo Salvatore

The night drifted along as I drove through the empty roads without caring about the speed limit.I was in a turmoil that was causing me too much pain.

Her last words still lingered in my mind,tearing my insides apart.First girl I planned on liking,no I was at the verge of falling deeply in love but she broke me,she broke my heart causing me pain.

I couldn't decipher my thoughts anymore.Couldn't she take mercy on me??Couldn't she at least feel something for me??Why reject me in a harsh way..But then everything doesn't go one's way.

Having no sense of direction,I drove through the city,crossing all the red lights.I stepped up the highway,speeding on the sleek charcoal roads.

My mind again went to the past events and I couldn't help but wonder what it would have been like if she returned my feelings.

Loving her,kissing her,taking her on dates and all.I smiled unknowingly thinking about all this but my mood dampened quickly as I thought back to how she rejected me harshly.

Maybe she likes someone else..

No no!!That can't be..The thought of her being with someone else killed me.No I had to win her heart.She made me feel like a better man.Even if we didn't start on good terms but her mere thought made me happy.I had always wanted a love like my parents,the way my mum was my father's safe harbour.My father was a ruthless Don but my mum kept him grounded.I wanted someone like that too.

And I'm going to get my Ana back no matter what.

Sighing bitterly,I look through the rear view mirror briefly but frowned when I saw a car following me.I left the house alone so my guards weren't with me then who were they..

I sped up the car trying to lose them but they trailed me continuously.I didn't had stamina to face any trouble right now so it was wiser to not face whoever was after me.

The car behind me increased its pace and drove opposite to me and then it overtook me,halting in the middle of the road,causing me to stop immediately too.

A loud screech was heard through the silent night as I halted.

Few men came out of the car holding guns and that made me grab mine from the dashboard too.I got mine as I stepped out of the car,closing the door.The 4 men in front of me pointed there guns at me,holding me as a target.

I still had no idea who they were but the next man who came out cleared my confusions.

Dimitri Ivanova,the leader of the small gang situated in Rome,came out of the car,his face clearly visible in the headlights of my car while his posture was full of confidence like he was the owner of the world and moved forward to stand between his men.

I sneered as I looked at him.Now a small gangster gonna challenge me and stop me like this in the middle of nowhere.

He had that sickly smirk plastered on his ugly face as he stood smug a few feet away from me.My gun was still held tightly in my hand as I clenched my fists in anger.

"What do you want Ivanova??"I sneered at him not liking to be followed.

He smiled smugly as he drawled,"Now Now..that's not how you talk with someone whose mercy you're at.."

This man was so deep in delusion if he thought I won't be able to take on all of them single-handedly.For Fuck Sake..Imma bloody Don..You don't get to cross me and get away with me.

"Cut the crap..What do you want.??"My face hardened with each passing second.But it's good,at least now I have someone to take out my frustrations on.

"Calm Down..Don Salvatore..What's the hurry!!We should have a gentleman talk before I kill you.."I gave him a mocking laugh as he finished his useless threats.