第零章

· · ────── ·𖥸· ────── · ·

"Great news! Wei WuHui is dead!"

A day hadn't fully past yet, but news of the infamous Yiling Matriarch's death had already spread like wildfire.

From the most prominent cultivation sects to rogue cultivators, it seem like everyone were gossiping about the Seige on the Burial Mounds. Led by the Four Great Sects and followed by hundreds of smaller sects.

"The Yiling Matriarch has died? Who could have killed her?"

"Who other than her Shidi, Jiang Cheng, putting an end to his own martial sibling for the greater good. Jiang Cheng led the Four Sects of Yunmeng Jiang, Lanling Jin, Gusu Lan, and Qinghe Nie to destroy her home."

"Didn't I also heard that Hanguang-Jun, Lan WangJi, also had a hand in leading the siege

"Didn't I also heard that Hanguang-Jun, Lan WangJi, also had a hand in leading the siege. I mean, after all, his fiance, Wei WuXian, was injured by the hands of his own twin."

"I must say, good riddance!"

"Good riddance indeed! We finally eliminated this wretch!"

═════════╕

The usual lights in those silvery-grey eyes had disappeared as they gazed upon the carnage in front of her. The destruction of her second home.

╘═════════

"If not for the Yunmeng Jiang Sect's adopting and teaching her and her brother, they would have been hobos living on the streets, let alone causing mayhem as bold as the ones these days. The late head of the Jiang Sect raised them as his own children, yet she defected them and became the enemy of the cultivation world, bridging shame upon the Jiang Sect, even leading to its near-extermination. She is the prime example of biting the hand that feeds her!"

"Jiang Cheng allowed this wretch to live for too long. If I were him, at the time of the defection, I wouldn't have just stabbed her. In fact, I would have thoroughly examined the disciples of the sect again, so that she doesn't do those crazy things she did later on. Who cares about the so called 'considerations' that he gave to his childhood friend."