第一章

· · ────── ·𖥸· ────── · ·

"Xue...Jiejie...Xue-Jiejie!"

A distorted voice was the first thing that she heard as the maiden regained her consciousness.

'Where am I...?'

"Xue-Jiejie?" Again, the same voice called out to her as her eyes flutter opened.

"GAHHH A HANGED GHOST!!!"

Both of them scrambled back from each other

"Wait, wait, wait, Xue-Jiejie. It's me, Mo XuanYu." The 'hanged ghost' reassured as he waved his hands nervously.

Wei WuHui blinked after calming herself and finally took in the appearance of the other person. The young man was attractive despite the horrid makeup, on the line of handsomeness and beauty, not a lot of fat on him but still tall and slender. His hair tied in messy bun.

"Who are you?" The maiden questioned, looking curious.

The young man flinched back, as if the question actually shocked him, before his confusion turned to realisation. "It...worked...it actually worked."

Wei WuHui could only raised a brow before both of them heard the sound of angry voices coming their way.

The young man gasped before he immediately grabbed the maiden's elbow and pulled her over a large mound of hays. "Please hide here, Wei-Qiànbèi. And don't come out until they're gone." He instructed worriedly.

"Mo XuanYu!" An angry squeaky voice shouted as two people, the first looking like a young master who is big in appearance and not so handsome features, the second is probably a servant. "Are you playing dead?"

"Mo-Gongzi, sorry-."

"Shut up!" A kick to the stomach stopped Mo XuanYu from finishing his sentence as he was sent sprawling on the ground before more kicks were pummelled on his body.