第二章

· · ────── ·𖥸· ────── · ·

Wei WuHui sighed blissfully as she cleaned the mess from her face, revealing that underneath all the dirt and mud, was a flawless face with porcelain skin and a pair of bright maroon-red eyes.

According to Mo XuanYu, Mo Xue was the only daughter of Madam Mo's and half-sister to Mo ZiYuan's. She was born a month before Mo XuanYu's when her mother became jealous of her own half-sister's accomplishment in getting a prominent Sect Leader to became interested in her. So, Madam Mo did the most unthinkable and got a random rogue cultivator to get her pregnant, just so she too can give birth to a future cultivator.

However, since female cultivators are considered to be "rare", Madam Mo lost hope the moment her daughter came into the world and the rogue cultivator left the village and never to be seen again.

Mo Xue grew up in a household where her own mother discarded her and her brother refusing to acknowledge her as his family as she was constantly bullied and berated by them. But, this also caused her to grew close to her cousin, Mo XuanYu, and she would defend him from Mo ZiYuan and the nasty servants whenever they tried to pick on him, and Mo XuanYu would teach her some cultivation skills, in the process helping her build her own golden core. Although, her spiritual power is not as strong as an average cultivator.

When Mo XuanYu turned 14, he was taken to Koi Tower in Lanling to build further on his cultivation but drastically, he was driven back before he could accomplish anything.

Rumours began to fly around as people say that Mo XuanYu was harassing the other disicples due to his sexuality and this caused him to be sent back.

Of course, Mo Xue tried to defend her cousin and actually went to Koi Tower in person to prove his innocence. However, something happened on that day, and Mo Xue came back to her home village where she began to act different.

"Hmm, she has such a pretty face, why hide it behind all this mud?" Wei WuHui hummed as she looked at herself in the pond water. She then turned to Mo XuanYu, who she managed to convince to wipe the makeup off to revealed the handsome face underneath. "You're not that bad looking too. I wonder what went wrong in that ZiYuan kid."

At that, Mo XuanYu's face went red as he fidgeted timidly. "You're too kind, Wei-Qianbei."

Wei WuHui smiled at the boy's shyness before turning to the three cuts on her left arm as her eyes narrowed at it. 'This type of forbidden ritual has long been lost. Where did Mo Xue learn it? And why did she choose to summon me?'

Wei WuHui and Mo XuanYu strolled back to the Mo Manor's West Courtyard as the woman released a puff of air in exasperation. 'Do I really need to eliminate the Mo family?'