第九章

· · ────── ·𖥸· ────── · ·

"You said you can control it! You told me you could!"

"A-Hui, please...stop this."

"Wei...Wei WuHui attacked Jin ZiXuan!"

"...Meimei...don't...blame..."

"My love, open your eyes...please...A-YANG!"

A sharp gasp erupted from Wei WuHui's mouth as her eyes shot opened and she sat up from the soft surface of the bed, panting heavily.

'It was a dream...a dream' The woman groaned as she rubbed her head, willing the horrible nightmare to go away from her mind.

Wei WuHui decided to take in her surrounding as she realised that she was now in a large, luscious room that smelled of a flowery scent mixed with sandalwood. "I wonder...when did I even get in here?"

———

High up in a remote mountain, outside of the City of Gusu, stood the tranquil Cloud Recesses. A serene place with mist constantly enveloping the white walls and black roofs of all buildings. Living in this kind of place were the white-robed disciples of Gusu Lan, who would wake at 5 in the morning and sleep at 9 in the evening.

However, a loud wail shattered the peacefulness of the place as well as disrupting the Lan disciples in their training or morning reading. All of them couldn't stop themselves from glaring toward the main entrance.

"Um, Xue-Jiejie please!"

"No! I don't want to go in there! I won't!"

The (awful) wailings were all coming from Wei WuHui as she cling onto her donkey companion, who was giving her the most deadpanned expression an animal could ever manage to make, as she shamelessly wailed.