第六章

· · ────── ·𖥸· ────── · ·

"Look, there she is."

"One of his bastards."

"How disgraceful. To have her blood."

Tiny feet walked along the cold stoned ground as a pair of innocent eyes of amber-gold gazed ahead of the long stairs.

A group of Lan elders walked past the small child, glancing at her with judgemental glares and not trying to hide their whispers that she heard as they walked past.

'Why do they hate me and Didi so much? What is so wrong about us?' Small sniffles eventually began to appeared as her eyes swelled up wetly.

"A-Mei."

Her small head immediately snapped up as standing on top of the flight of stairs was her aunt, her father's younger sister, as Lan ChunTao looked at her with a gentle smile.

"Gūmŭ." The girl called out softly as her pace sped up, while still following her Sect's prominent rules, until she was about in front of her aunt.

"Gūmŭ, why does the elders hate me and Didi?" The child asked, looking up at the woman.

Immediately, Lan ChunTao furrowed her brows as she knelt down to looked at the child at eye-level. "A-Mei, why do you think that the elders dislike you and A-Bao? What did they say?" She asked worriedly.

The girl nervously fidgeted. "They would...they would look at me and Didi with angry eyes and make comments about Fuqin or...Gūmŭ, does A-Niang hates us too? Is that why she is not here?"

Lan ChunTao didn't have the heart to reply to the child's questions but instead, she just pulled her in an embrace tightly with silent tears streaming down her cheeks.

"Oh A-Mei...I'm so sorry."

---