one week (donnie x reader)

(hurt->comfort, established relationship, gn reader)

(follow up for reader wiping away kisses^)

It had been a week. Seven whole days, and Donatello was still holding out from kissing you. Why waste his time on something you would just so carelessly wipe away? You would just have to learn the hard way that Donnie holds grudges.

Sure, there were a couple times he felt a little bad. And sure, there were a few times he wanted to give in. He was just trying to get back at you. No harm in that, right?

Except to you, who by this point regretted your little stunt wholeheartedly. You knew you shouldn't be surprised with his dramatic behavior, but this felt different. Like you had really messed up and the guilt was just too much.

So on the eighth day of your kiss drought(?), when you leaned it and he swerved his head the other way, he realized he had taken it too far.

"Donnie, please! I said I was really, really sorry! Two reallys!!!" You stared at him pleadingly, but he didn't even look up from his phone.

Until he heard your little sniffle.

"Please. I never meant to ruin-" His shock was evident when you couldn't even finish your sentence through tears.

He was struggling to process what was happening. He felt so guilty and weird seeing you like that, and he did not like it. I mean, Donnie never meant to make you cry. He just...wanted to get you back.

Donnie was slouched over, rubbing your back awkwardly.

"Y/N...please don't cry, I'm..uh," Apologizing was never one of his many skills, so please appreciate his effort. "I'm sorry. You really, really didn't ruin anything..." Wow, two 'really's.'

"But you hate me now! I should have never-"

"What?" He couldn't help but cut you off, he didn't know you felt that way. " I don't hate you, Y/N. I just wanted to get even for messing with me...I'm sorry. I....love you."

That's how you knew he really meant it, he wouldn't be so vulnerable like this if he didn't care about your feelings. He did it just for you because he knew you needed to hear it.

You almost wanted to cry harder at his sweet(?) words, but for his sake you didn't.
" I love you too. But please, please let me kiss you!"

All of the guilt and tension faded from Donnie and he let out a deep breath with a sly smile.

"I suppose...since you asked so politely."

In the end, I guess you both got what you wanted.