sister! reader getting her first period

(PURELY PLATONIC AND FAMILIAL, fluff, afab! reader, mentions of blood)

"Where's the pain killers, Raph?" You dragged your feet into the living, holding your aching lower stomach.

"Y/N, you're awake! Woah-" Leo said from behind you, "is that blood?"

"Blood?" You and Raph said in unison. You turned to face Leo and looked down at yourself to see what he was talking about.

"You are bleeding!" Raph exclaimed, pointing towards the bottom part of your pajama shorts, "what happened?!"

"I- don't know!" You looked horrified, looking back and forth between Leo and Raph.

"What's all the commotion?" Mikey walked in from the kitchen, wearing an apron. Immediately he noticed the blood and rushed over to you, looking all over your body. "Oh mi gosh! Donnie! Donnie!"

"Y/N, what happened?" Raph asked again, a concerned look in his eyes.

"I don't know! I just don't know. Oh my god, my stomach hurts..." You groaned at the piercing pain in your abdomen. Leo was typing intently on his phone, looking up your symptoms on Web MD.

"What is it?" Donnie walked in, pushing his goggles up.

"She's bleeding ooouuuuttt!!!" Mikey sobbed, pulling you into a bone-crushing hug.

"No, I'm not!" You turned to Donnie for reassurance, "Am I?"

"Guys, cut it out!" Leo shouted, panic evident in his tone.

"You're scaring her!" Raph added.

Donnie's eyes widened as realization hit him. Of course he knew what menstruation was. Just not, uh, how it works. For obvious reasons, he never really needed to look into it.

Leo and Raph don't know shit, and Mikey...well, he knows what it is, he's just too panicked to even consider what's really happening to you.

——————————————————-

"Heeeyyyy!" April walked in to the lair, and immediately stopped dead in her tracks at the scene before her.

You were looking at her like you'd just seen a ghost, tears in your eyes. Mikey, Raph, and Leo were clinging onto you. Donnie was scrolling through articles on his phone and seemed uncomfortable.

"What did I just walk into?" April lifted her eyebrows in confusion and a little concerned.

"April! Y/N is dying!" Mikey cried into your shoulder.

"I never told you this, but I was the one who broke your Jupiter Jim figure and blamed it on Donnie. I am so sorry!" Leo confessed with a sigh of relief having gotten that off his chest.

Donnie looked up from his phone and shot his twin a glare, "What?!"

April blinked a few times, she stepped towards you taking in the situation. She noticed the way you were gripping the area of uterus and the blood on your shorts that was now leaking onto the front.

"Guys, relax! She's not dying." April shook her head, laughing.

"She's..she's not?" Raph looked up at her, sniffling.

"Of course not! She's just shedding the lining of her intestines!"

"WHAT?"

"Oh my god, I'm gonna be sick..." Leo put one hand over his mouth, the other gripping his stomach.

Your jaw and your stomach dropped, obviously having no idea what she meant by that.

"YYYY/NNNNN!!" Mikey and Leo sobbed, hugging you tighter if that was even possible. Donnie and Raph looked mortified.

"Stop smothering her!" April pried the turtles off of you, gently taking your hand.

"You're fine, Y/N. Don't listen to them." She narrowed her eyes at your brothers before turning back to you with a warm smile, "Let's get you cleaned up, ok? I'll explain everything, girl to girl." She winked at you.

You simply nodded, squeezing her hand back.