purple sweater (donnie x reader)

(romantic or platonic, fluff, gn reader)

Donnie looked up from his phone at the sound of nearing footsteps, greeted by the sight of you with crossed arm standing in the doorway of his lab.

"Y/N? What...are you doing here?" He looked down at his phone again, the time reading 2:15 p.m. "Aren't you supposed to be in school?"

"Hmph, Donatello." You narrowed your eyes at him, beginning to walk around scanning around the room.

It was weird for you to call him that, he didn't like it. "Can I help you?" He furrowed his eyebrows, clearly not amused.

"Where is it?" You brought your glare back to him.

"Where is what?" Donnie raised an eyebrow, clearly confused.

"My sweater!" You snapped, exasperated, "my gorgeous, darling purple sweater."

His eyes widen in realization, and he looks away nervously. "Uh...why do you just assume I would know anything about that?"

"Don't spin this on me! You love that sweater, and the last time I saw it was when you came over. Just admit that you took it!"

Donnie shook his head, "No, that honestly does not sound like me."

You just stood there, glaring at him with crossed arms. He knew he wasn't getting out of this.

"Ok! Ok. Fine. Maybe I did take it. But can you blame me?!" Donnie leaned back in his seat, crossing his arms to match you.

"Why didn't you just ask to borrow it? I wouldn't have cared!" You stepped closer to him.

"I don't- I don't know!" He sighed deeply and dramatically, glancing around the room.

You took a deep breath, letting your arms fall to your sides again, "just...you can keep it."

Donnie's eyes shot up to look at you basically sparkling,"Really?"

"Yeah, I mean, I have other sweaters I guess. Besides, I'm sure it looks better on you anyways." You laughed at his excitement.

"Yeah...and my shell stretched it out." He muttered under his breath.

"What did you say?"

"Nothing! Nothing at all!...uh, thank you, Y/N." He chuckled nervously, brushing off his previous inaudible comment.

"Sure," you smiled before glaring at him again, pointing a finger, "but you owe me."

"Scoff. Yeah, ok. Whatever." He rolled his eyes, but he couldn't help the smile on his face.