leopard gecko (leo x reader)

reader introduces leo to her leopard gecko
(People who own leopard geckos often refer to them as their 'Leo's')
(established relationship, fluff, gn reader)

"Leo," you stood in front of the door of your bedroom, "I have someone very, very special I want you to meet."

"That's cool," Leo shrugs with a sly grin, "parents love me."

"It's not my parents, Leo." You sighed and led him into your room.

Leo looked around, confused. He watched you approach some sort of...tank? He couldn't really see because you were blocking his view as you slowly and carefully slid the top of it over, reaching your hand in.

You smiled brightly, picking up your beloved and carrying him over to your boyfriend. "This is my leo! Isn't he soooo cute? You see his pattern and his-"

"Woah, woah, woah! Pause! Your Leo?" Leonardo stared at you unimpressed, clearly offended as he crossed his arms.

"Mhm! This is my baby." There were a few small squeaks from your pet. "Awwww! He wants to say hi!" You moved him closer to Leo.

He glared intently at your gecko, leaning down to look at its eyes and whispered, "There can only be one."

"Stop that! You're scaring him!" You glared back at Leo, pulling your lizard back towards your chest.

"It's scaring me!"

"He is not an 'it!' Be nice! He didn't do anything to you." You gently scratched your geckos chin, "It's ok. He's not gonna hurt you, honey."

"Hmph. You never call me honey." Leo turned his head away from you, huffing.

You scoffed at him in annoyance, "are you seriously jealous of my leo right now?"

"It's- he's gotta know you already have a Leo." He motioned towards himself.

"You're both my Leo's, and I love both of you very much." You rolled your eyes as you laughed at how ridiculous your boyfriend was acting as you set your gecko back in its tank.

"...but you love me more, right?"

"...I don't know if I would say that-"

"What?!"

You laughed and kissed Leonardo's cheek, "I'm just kidding. Relax. You're still my Leo, too."

Leo pulled you into a hug, grinning smugly at your other 'Leo' over your shoulder.