haunted (donnie x reader)

(‼️ heavy angst, bl0od, d3ath, reader dies :( )

"Y/N, it's over...Come on, we're gonna go home." Donnie smiled weakly, placing a hand on your damp, cold cheek.

Silence.

"Y/N?" He shook your limp shoulder.

Raphael stepped forward to place a hand on his brothers shoulder, trying to be strong for him. "Y/N's gone, Donnie."

"No, no, no...They're not. They're just hurt, ok?We need to get them out, Raph." Donnie brushed his older brothers hand away, his eyebrows furrowing as he looked around at his family.

"Mikey, Leo...They're ok. We just need to get them help, ok?" He turned his frustrated gaze back to you, observing your lifeless figure.

"Donnie..." Leo's voice was barely above a whisper, betraying his normal loud tone. He tried to swallow the painful lump in his throat, the tears his eyes beginning to spill over.

"What?" Donnie whipped his head to look at him.

"They're dead, Dee." Leo's breath caught in his throat, trying to choke back. Mikey stared in horror, a hand clamped over his mouth as he sobbed.

New York was still crumbling around you, though it felt like time stopped.

"We have to go. Now." Raph ordered, struggling to confine his own grief.

Donnie knelt in front of you, pulling your body close to his in a strong, desperate embrace as he closed his eyes tightly, praying he would just wake up from whatever twisted, fucked up nightmare this was.

"Donnie, come on. We have to go!" Raph grabbed Donnie's arm, he would drag his brother to save him if he had to.

"Please, just listen to me. We can still save them!" Donnie's tone was panicked and anguished, his grip tightening as he tried to shake his brother off.

"I'm so sorry." Leo grabbed Donnie's other arm to aid Raph. If they didn't get out now, they never would.

Donnie grit his teeth as he was being dragged away from you. The sight of your still frame was too much for him to handle.

"Get off of me! We can still help them!" He screamed out and flailed, reaching for you. Reaching for any trace or scrap of you. "STOP! Y/N!"

Large pieces of debris and rubble fell around them. Mikey's breath hitched, sobs racking his body while he tried to focus his energy on opening a portal. He had to get his brothers out. They couldn't save you, but they could still save themselves.

It's what you would have wanted, right?