𝟎. final goodbyes

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

"Kepus!" Alyssara exclaimed happily as she ran out from behind her great aunts skirts and raced into the waiting arms of her uncle Maegor who had just slid from the back of the great black dread, Balerion, a smile growing on his face the moment he laid his eyes on his sweet little niece. "Did you bring presents?"

"Is my presence not enough, zaldrītsos?" Maegor teased, picking up the nine year old and holding her on his hip as though she weighed nothing. ( little dragon )

"Kepus you always bring presents when you come home." Alyssara pouted slightly and Maegor couldn't but laugh, something he rarely did when not in the presence of the Targaryen girl. "And you were gone for forever! I thought you forgot about me."

"I could never, zaldrītsos." Maegor said fondly, pulling something out of his pocket with his free hand. "In fact, I got you something very special..."

Before Maegor could give his gift however, a loud shriek came from behind them.

"My prince." A dragon handler said, approaching them nervously as Maegor's expression noticeably darkened at the interruption of his gift giving. "There is... There is a woman on the back of the Black Dread."

"And?"

"And she cannot come off, my Prince." The dragon handler said. "She is... Well she is screaming very much-"

Yet another shriek cut off the dragon handler who winced as Maegor rolled his eyes. It was then that Visenya and Alyssara's eyes fell on the figure of Alys Harroway of Harrenhal, whose Carmel coloured hair covered her pale face as Balerion attempted to repeatedly shrug her and her infernal screaming off of his back.

"Apologies, Alyssara, mother." Maegor said somewhat glumly. "This is not how I wanted to introduce you to my new wife."

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

"You married her!" Aenys exclaimed, eyes widened out of rage at his brother who merely sat in his seat with his arms crossed. "Must you always think with your cock, brother?"

"No, I think with my head." Maegor corrected, shrugging slightly. "My other wife has not provided me with heirs, she is barren. So I got a new one."

"That's not how that works, Maegor! The rules of succession would not apply-"

"Our father had two wives, do not forget my mother was the first." Maegor hissed, leaning forward over the table at his brother. "If the rules of succession did not apply, we would be in a very different situation right now, brother."

Aenys couldn't help but purse his lips at that.

"The faith have advised me that either you set Alys Harroway aside or you are to be sent into exile." Aenys said quietly after a moment. "Please, brother, make the right choice."

"I have made the right choice." Maegor stated simply, unmoving from his seat, noticing his brother's crown atop his head. He always had that crown on his head when Maegor was here. As if to constantly remind him where they stood in their father's eyes. "Would you not do such a thing had Alyssa-"

"Do not speak of my wife that way." Aenys exclaimed, slapping his hands down on the table as Maegor leaned forward in his seat so their faces were only inches away from each other.