𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. girls and their ferocity

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

It had been twenty-seven days since Maegor had won his crown.

But it had also been seven days since the last time Maegor had last opened his eyes.

"The Gods blessed him with a victory." Visenya said carefully, standing vigil beside Alyssara who had not left his bedside since he had been confined to it. "They will bless him with a recovery, Alyssara, I am sure of it."

Alyssara was not. The Gods did nothing. They had been quiet to her every petition as a child, since the moment she had first fell to her knees before the maiden, begging that she may stay a child a few moons more. She had received her moons blood but a week later. She discovered she far preferred the Stranger to the Mother after that day.

At least the stranger was steadfast, not easily swayed. It was always easier to trust such a thing than one who would merely smile kindly while your whole world crumbled around you.

"He has no choice." Alyssara said, her voice a chilling monotone as she watched her husband breathe shallowly in his bed. "He knows I will kill him if he doesn't."

"I know that and he does as well." Visenya said softly, as soft as a woman like her could speak. "But perhaps now we should be seeking alternative healing methods, the masters aren't-"

"The maesters are fools, aunt." Alyssara stated, standing finally as she moved her gaze to the elder Targaryen who watched her as she did. "I do not trust him to their care. Barr them from the doors until I return."

Visenya's brow furrowed in confusion as Alyssara made her way to the door, pulling a dark cloak around her shoulders as she did so. She trusted her niece but Visenya Targaryen never did like to be out of the conversation when it came to such matters.

"Where are you going?" She asked, stopping Alyssara just before the new Queen was about to close the door.

Alyssara paused for a moment to look over her shoulder, a glint in her eyes that brought to mind how she had looked the day she had married Maegor. That day felt like years ago to the Targaryen mother.

"Pentos." Alyssara said simply. "To visit a friend."

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

By the time Alyssara had landed in the eastern isles, the night was dark and cold although thankfully not as stormy as the last time she had made such a trip. The people of Pentos had still been utterly enamoured by the sight, chasing after the dragon in awe before it had gone to far for them to follow.

The Queen had landed atop the mountain where Ceryse and Alys still made their home, having not yet been sent for and left mostly in the dark over the happenings of Westeros aside from the odd letter sent by a family member or so.

But they were not the friends Alyssara was seeking.

"Princess Alyssara?" Alys' voice broke through the silence of the night as she appeared, dressed in her nightgown, at the door which lead into the castle itself. She observed the young princess whom she had last seen but a moons turn earlier last. "Have you come to collect us?"

"Unfortunately not, Alys." Alyssara drawled, not turning to the woman who had made her way down the steps towards her as she unsaddled Vyara. "I am here to seek a healer for my husband."

"Husband?" Alys asked, her brow furrowing. "I did not know you were wed."

"It was a fairly recent event." Alyssara stated, pulling her gloves off carefully. "I'm sorry you missed it."