𝐱. mother of dragons

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

The first thing Maegor saw when he opened his eyes after thirty days in the near clutches of death were the eyes of a woman whom he knew was not his wife. This irritated him deeply, for every moment his eyes were closed he had seen her. Every single moment, his unconscious brain tormented him with her, knowing he could not reach out and touch her.

So when he awoke, that was all he wanted to do.

The brown eyed woman who he had seen instead, did not even speak a single word to him as her eyes widened and ran from the room and screaming something down the hall which caused a dull ache in his head to appear. He pulled himself up with little to no difficulty, bar a stiffness which seemed to exist everywhere in him.

He had to find Alyssara.

But he did not have to move far as just as he stood from the bed which he assumed had been his home for however long he had slept for, the woman from before had pulled his wife into the room with little ceremony.

Oh how he had missed her.

"My Queen." He said softly, taking in her appearance. She was as beautiful as ever, even with the newer development of her sunken cheeks and purple bruising beneath her eyes which were close to matching with the shade of her pupils which were boring into him. She seemed to surprised. "Did you never expect me to awaken, my sweet?"

"I never dared hope." Alyssara said breathily, stepping away from Tyanna and shrugging her hand from her wrist as she moved towards her husband. "We are not creatures of hope, kepus."

"No, we are not. We are warriors." Maegor insisted, closing the gap between them as he reached his hand and cupped her sunken cheek in it. Oh how he ached to touch her. "No matter what happens I would come back to you. And if I couldn't walk, I'd crawl to you, and no matter how broken we were, we'd fight our way out together. Because that's what we do. We never stop fighting."

Alyssara met his eyes properly now and Maegor could see the flame he loved so dearly reigniting in her eyes and yet he still worried. What had tired his poor little wife out so while he was gone?

Suddenly, Alyssara winced and her knees buckled somewhat and luckily Maegor had not los this strength with his head injury and immediately reached out to hold her. They were like magnets, Tyanna thought as she watched them enviously.

"Skoros's pirta, byka mēre?" Maegor asked, brow furrowing. He had a tenderness in his voice that seemed to be reserved only for her. ( what is wrong, little one? )

"I am only tired." Alyssara said, steeling herself to stand again. "That is all. We have all be very worried about you."

But Maegor knew her too well.

Gripping her arm tighter in a way Alyssara was sure would form a delectable bruise, he spoke again. But she was growing weaker by the moment.

"You cannot lie to me, ñuha ābrazȳrys." He said, brushing her hair behind her ear. "I need you well, I need you beside me."

Alyssara nodded, gripping Maegor's arm tighter as he supported her to stand and turned finally to the woman who still stood across from them and raised his brow in her direction but before he could speak, Alyssara spoke for him.

"This is Tyanna, my friend from girlhood." His wife explained, her hand still gripping his arm and he was proud to be her anchor. He was glad she was still somewhat dependent on him after so long apart. "She has nursed you to health over these past few days."

"And why was she not nursing you to health?" Maegor exclaimed, anger flooding over his face as he faced Alyssara, his voice hushing again. "My love, you look weak. The realm cannot have a weak Queen and I can barely survive unconsciousness without you. Do not risk your loss for it would be far too cruel a loss for us all."

Alyssara was silent for a moment, ever trying to think of a calculating response but she was far too exhausted to do so. So she resigned herself with a small smile.

"I will be more careful."

"Good girl." Maegor said firmly, still studying her before finding it far too hard to stay away for a moment longer. He wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her flush against his chest, pressing their lips against one anothers. He truly believed his lips didn't belong anywhere else other than her body.

All Tyanna could do was watch. Hatred and jealousy flooding through her at the sight of that man's lips on the girl she loved. What lived and died between her and Alyssara haunted her still, never would she know peace. She would forever dangle on a leash of her own longing; her need would soon grow teeth.

But, thanks to perhaps her prayers, the passion Alyssara and been enjoying seemed to have been too much as once more her knees buckled. Only this time, her eyes rolled back as well and she fell limp.

Maegor caught her, of course. Never would he let her fall.

"Nurse." Maegor commanded as he pulled his limp wife into his arms, bridal style, with her long sheen of slivery hair hanging loose form where her throat seemed to unhinge from her shoulders with how slack it seemed in that moment. "Fetch my mother."

"My King, I can-"

"No, fetch my mother now. Your King demands it of you." He roared. Tyanna however was not as affected as it seems he would've hoped. She merely curtseyed calmly, and turned on her heel in search of Visenya.

She worried for Alyssara, of course. But she could not get past one thing. Why must she call him 'My King' when he could not even remember her name. One that she had had his wife moaning for so very long mere years previously.

Perhaps that was were the hatred began.

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

Alyssara blinked her eyes open blearily, the same way her own husband had done only a few hours previously in the very same bed. Only this time, she was met with the eyes of the person she had wished for most.

"What happened?" She exclaimed, trying to sit up quickly but being gently pushed back down by Maegor's gentle yet commanding hands. "I can't..."

"You fainted, my darling." Maegor said, brushing stray stands of hair out of her face as he settled her on her pillows. "My mother has brought you to and we have discovered a joyous fact."

Alyssara blinked hard, turning her head to see her aunt beside the bed with a small smile on her somewhat sullen face. Visenya looked happy of course with the news and yet there was grief evident on her features.

"What?" Alyssara asked, turning back to her husband who had taken her hand in his and brushed his lips against her pale knuckles. "What have you discovered?"

"You are with child, ñuha dāria." Maegor said proudly. "You are carrying my heir."

"Heirs." Visenya corrected making Alyssara blink hard. "It is still early but from what I can tell, two dragons will be born from this union."

Alyssara was shocked. She had done what so many before her had failed to do. She had provided her husband with no less than two heirs within one pregnancy. She had won.

She made a vow in that moment. She would have a son and a daughter. She would teach her son what she must and she will teach her daughter everything. And from Visenya's gaze on the two rejoicing parents, she knew there was one thing she must teach her daughter above all else.

When the men come for you, set yourself on fire.

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.