𝐱𝐢. flutters

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

As Alyssara's pregnancy progressed, she refused to be domesticated as a soon to be mother like many other noblewomen were made. But she was the Queen, carrying the heir of Maegor Targaryen and the dragon within her would not lick its paws in bed all day. No, it wouldn't fly. But she would.

And she did flying well into her second trimester, her gorgeous dragon spotted flying across Westeros with Balerion the Black Dread not far behind. Although the Maesters and even Visenya herself had advised Maegor to wrangle the wild Alyssara down, her husband refused.

"The day my wife does as anyone tells her is the day we should fear the doom of Westeros." He said to any who asked as he proudly watched his wife swell with child beneath silken skirts.

The court observed the couple as the pregnancy progressed and never had they seen a man so devoted to his wife. Maegor was at every meeting with the maestors, moving like magnets as she would go, he would follow. The pregnancy had been a happy one, one that made Alyssara's fear of motherhood dilute somewhat.

She spent most of her days, although with some hours of freedom that Maegor allowed her, trapped in her rooms with the chickens she called ladies in waiting that had been procured for her and of course, Tyanna.

Tyanna had not left, even after Alyssara's use of her had ended, becoming her handmaiden and midwife swiftly and without complaint. In fact, the speed at which she was climbing up in the ranks of his wife's favour unsettled Maegor. For many reasons but none that he would disclose. Particularly not jealousy, which seemed to overwhelm him at every moment of every day.

In fact, it was rife within him as of right now as he ground his teeth with impatience as his master of ships informed of the victory his forces had claimed from the Faith Militant but days before. It was a story he knew well, as he had been there upon the back of his dragon but it was protocol apparently for this man to tell the tale.

Until, as always, he was saved by his wife.

"Your grace." A lady of house Tyrell entered the room, blushing feverishly as she realised she had interrupted and curtseying promptly. "My apologies, the Queen sends for you. It is of the utmost urgency."

That brought Maegor to his feet immediately, uncaring for the grim faces on the men around him as he disbanded the meeting without a thought.

"Your majesty, could this not wait, perhaps?" His hand of the King, Lord Lucas Harroway and the father of his second wife who was not particularly pleased when Alyssara's name was mentioned. "Women are known to be dramatic during pregnancy and this meeting is far more important than-"

"My lord hand." Maegor hissed, hand resting so very casually on the hilt of his sword as he glanced at Lucas over his shoulder. "I suggest you chose your words very carefully when you speak of my wife and your Queen should you wish to become well acquainted with dark sister. This meeting has been dismissed."

Shoving past the Tyrell girl and gesturing for her to follow after him, he left the Lords to their mutterings. He cared not what they would say, he much preferred whatever his wife had to say. He missed her presence at the meetings of the council but he had practically banished from political dealings ever since the swell of their children had begun to protrude from beneath her skirts.

Maegor did not even speak to the girl who fumbled with her feet behind him as they made their way through the castles towards the King and Queen's rooms where he heard not even a single sound behind the doors. That worried him immediately. His wife was not known for her silence.

Bursting through the door, his eyes immediately landed on Tyanna and he couldn't help the curl of revulsion that passed across his lips, mimicked perfectly on the handmaidens face. No, neither were fond of the other. So how strange it was that they shared the thing they both loved most in this world.

"Alyssara." Maegor called out, noticing the distinct lack of presence of his wife. "What's wrong?"

"Oh, she is not here." Tyanna stated simply, finishing the final touches on making the bed. "She has left. I believe she thought you were not coming."

"And why would she think that?" Maegor growled, narrowing his eyes at the witch who merely shrugged. "Where has she gone? Who allowed her to leave her chambers?"

"She should not have someones authority to-"

"You do not speak for my wife. You are her handmaiden, not her mistress." Maegor stated simply, a look of amusement taking over his features as he noticed Tyanna's jaw clench somewhat at the statement. "Where is she?"

"Where do you think?" Tyanna hissed, the only one who had the gall it seemed to speak that way to the King. "She missed Vyara. You are the one who kept her from her dragon."

"Perhaps I should keep her from a snake next, the gods only know what poison you have been whispering in her ears." Maegor bit back, gesturing to the Tyrell girl who had been practically hiding down the hall this entire time. "Inform my Lord Hand to cancel all of my appointments today. I will be spending it with my wife."

Tyanna eyes turned to slits at that.

"There is no need for that, your grace." She ground out through a clenched jaw, resorting to common decency now that she had realised they were in the presence of someone else. "I can keep her majesty occupied."

"I'm sure you wish to, but there is no need for that." The king said with some satisfaction. "I dismiss you for the day. Now, I am going to see my wife and children."

He relished in the way Tyanna curtseyed as he left.

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

When Maegor found his wife, he found her watching the knights training from the balcony of the dragon pit which looked out over the training yard. Vyara was playing around below her in the pit, teasing the Black Dread as Balerion desperately attempted to nap.

Wrapping his arms around his wife from behind, he couldn't help but let his hand rest upon the slight swell of her belly. He seemed to always find his touch go to their whenever he was able to and that was how Alyssara knew it was her husband as she leant back into his hold.

"They're shit." Alyssara snarled, feeling Maegor chuckle behind her at her observation of the training knights. "Truly. Very bad."

"You have been spoiled on feats of my expertise, my wife."

"I have been spoiled on my own expertise, my husband." She said with a little scoff, resting her own hands atop Maegor's. "How I wish I could show them a thing or two."

"You will not go any near anything sharper than a knitting needle until our children our with us, my love." Maegor said firmly, pressing a kiss to the side of her head. "But after, I will delight in watching you put them in their place."

Alyssara nodded at that, eyes narrowing as a young boy was swiftly knocked to the ground as Maegor laughed but before either could speak, Maegor felt movement beneath his large hand. From within his wife's belly.

And his heart stopped.

"Was that...?" Maegor said, furrowing his brow as he spun his wife in his arms who looked extremely amused. "Did they just...?"

"Now I understand why the call em the silver tongued if this is how you speak." She said with a little smirk as Maegor brushed off the obvious teasing, staring down at her belly with wonder. Alyssara took his large hand and pressed it the lower left of her stomach and he felt a flutter against his hand. "This is what I called you for. They've begun to kick."

"They're real." Maegor said softly, rubbing against the side of the her belly. "So real."

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.