02. shitty rescue mission

˚◞♡

˚◞♡

CHAPTER TWO

˚◞♡

"CHAOS RISING"
OPEN WOUND - BOOK 2
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

DEREK HALE was just someone who bugged Blaze. Maybe it was the way he talked or the way he decided to be a dick about everything that just pissed him off. Seeing two matching identical bruises on Allison and Lydia's arm was something but of course, Derek had to be petty for no reason just because he didn't like the girls, with no good reason in Blaze's mind.

"I don't see anything." Derek skeptically stated.

"Look again," Scott told him.

"How is a bruise gonna tell me where Boyd and Erica are?" Derek scoffed.

"Are you fucking blind or like what?" Blaze asked curiously. His patience for Derek never failed to disappear.

"It's nothing." Derek shook his head.

"Oh my god." Blaze ran his fingers through his hair in an attempt not to go off on him. He couldn't possibly be this stupid.

"Pareidolia. Seeing patterns that aren't there? It's a subset of apophenia..." Lydia said snidely. 

"They're trying to help." Scott sighed.

"These two?" Derek incredulously said and Blaze already knew he was going to say something that made him speak up.

"This one, who used me to resurrect my psychotic uncle--"Derek pointed at Lydia, "Thank you--And this one, who shot about thirty arrows into me and my pack?"

Blaze suddenly wished he had an arrow to shit him with and make it 31.

"Look, there may have been a little maiming, okay? A little mangling, but not death! And that's what I call an important distinction." Stiles tried to cool down the tension.

"My mother died," Allison stated and Blaze agreed with her. As much as he hated the woman and was glad, she was dead, that woman was not the woman who raised Allison. She had every right to want Derek dead in her eyes. If Blaze wasn't busy, he probably would have given her a helping hand.

"Your family's little honor code killed your mother, not me." Derek scoffed.

"Are you serious?" Blaze finally spoke up from where he stood beside Stiles.

"Blaze-" Scott sighed already knowing this was going to end nasty.

"You bit her mother, tried to murder our best friend all while having a fucking smile on your face and you're going to act like some victim? It was still her mother who died not just a woman you hated, and you and your bitches deserved every arrow that hit you and I wish I was there myself to watch as Erica and Boyd pleaded for their lives. and need I remind you again, that you spent days trying to kill Lydia, and Erica spent weeks bothering Allison just because she thought she was cool, and Peter used and made Lydia feel crazy to do that shit and yet they were still here trying to help figure out where those assholes are?" Blaze stood to his feet.