08. two sides of a story

˚◞♡

˚◞♡

CHAPTER EIGHT

˚◞♡

"VISIONARY"
OPEN WOUND - BOOK 2
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

THE PAST is something that never goes away. The future may have not happened yet, but the past has, no matter how much you wish it hadn't. Regrets are a common occurrence while thinking about the past. Wishing you would've done something differently, wishing a different outcome in that moment but how can you regret a past that you can't even remember? The only version of the past that you get is the one someone tells you and it's never always the full story. It's just from someone's point of view.

"Oh. Oh, come in, Scott, and give an old man something for his pain." The sound of that old hag's voice made him want to punch someone, more specifically Gerald.

"You don't have to do this," Allison told Scott who looked hesitant about going near her grandfather or even helping ease his pain after everything he's done.

"Yeah, leave him to rot like the old hag he is," Blaze smirked, leaning against the door with his arms crossed. Scott and Allison think they can get information about Deucalion and the alpha pack through Gerald.

"If you want me to talk, this is how it's going to happen," Gerald stated from where he sat in his wheelchair, almost rolling his eyes at the boy.

"If I do this, you have to tell us everything you know. Everything." Scott told Gerald who didn't say anything as Scott sighed and used his werewolf abilities to take some of his pain away.

⋅───⊱༺ ♰ ༻⊰───⋅

Derek was running through the woods, breath heaving as he jumped over branches and ran from the hunters following him until suddenly, he knocked into a young man not much older than him.

"You're a Hale, aren't you?" The young Beta asked Derek who nodded.

"Is this the one?" The two boys watched as the hunters came across a dead werewolf.

"Killed two of ours. Find the others. Bring them back alive. We go by the Code." Young Argent told everyone.

"They were there for two days, waiting. Hiding. That's what we're taught to do when the Hunters find us-- hide and heal." Cora said looking out the window, watching the rain pour outside.

"Okay, so, is two days standard, then, or are we thinking Derek's on, like, some extended getaway?" Stiles asked impatiently as he sat on the table, glancing at Blair who leaned against the pillar.