07. red and orange

˚◞♡

˚◞♡

CHAPTER SEVEN

˚◞♡

"CURRENTS"
OPEN WOUND - BOOK 2
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

     WHEN Melissa woke up the next morning after the hectic night she had at the hospital, she did not expect to see three boys sitting at the end of her bed, sound asleep. She had zero clues on what they were doing but the sight of Scott sleeping on Blaze's shoulder and sitting close to him made her morning a little bit better. She had no idea what was going on with them, but she liked it.

"Really, boys? Boys!" She called out loudly making them jump awake, startled by the sound yell as they jumped to their feet as if they were ready to fight off any danger, she might be in, "What do you think you're doing?"

"Uh, we were watching over you..." Isaac informed her.

"We wanted to make sure you weren't the third sacrifice!" Scott stated. After finding out the next sacrifices were healers, he did not allow his mother out of his sight.

"We are taking this very seriously, Melissa. Do you want to die?" Blaze asked her with a raised eyebrow.  Melissa stared at him wondering how the hell this child could have such a big attuite. It was like he came out of the womb cursing and judging people.

"But you were all sleeping?" Melissa trailed off, confused raising her own eyebrow at Blaze whose mouth parted open slightly not knowing what to say.

"You were on watch last!" Scott said, looking at Isaac who scratched his head looking confused.

"What are you talking about? You were on watch last!" Isaac told him.

"Uh dude, you were on watch last." Blaze scoffed. Okay, he didn't know because he got bored and fell asleep but if Scott said he was, then obviously he was.

"...I might have been on watch last," Isaac said sheepishly amusing Melissa.

"My heroes!" Melissa said. sarcastically making Blaze grin and shrug as if it was no big deal, "Wait, didn't you say that they were all doctors? I mean, I haven't had an M.D. recently attached to the end of my name, so I think I'm in the clear..."

"Yeah, but it could just come under any kind of healer, Mom-- and you were definitely a healer last night," Scott said like a proud son making Blaze want to chuckle.

"Can't believe I missed all this last night," Blaze grumbled. He was at home when he got a call from Scott talking about Danny eating mistletoe, something about Ethan, Melissa saving him, and then something to do with two doctors going missing. He only came over because Scott was worried about his mother and Blaze didn't like the sound of him so frightened and worried.