03. anti-heros

˚◞♡

˚◞♡

CHAPTER THREE

˚◞♡

"FIREFLIES"
OPEN WOUND - BOOK 2
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

     ANTI-HERO. A word used for those who conventional heroic attributes. They're not bad people, they are just people who usually don't care for saving lives or being the hero of the story. Blaze was one of those people. He didn't want to kill anybody (not literally anyways), but that didn't mean he wanted to run around town saving every live that danger decides to go after. People died every day, it's just the way the world worked, and he was okay with that — when it's not anyone he cared about.

Blaze cared about his friends and whatever family he had left, and he would go to death lengths to help them but when it came to other people who had little meaning to him, he just couldn't find it in himself to go through hell and back to save them, especially when it came to risking his life.

As Scott and Derek run through the woods hunting down Boyd and Cora in hopes of trying to stop them from killing innocent people, Blaze helped but at a slower and less cared paced. Instead of running head on, he decided to use his hearing which appeared to be working better than most full moons in order to find them.

The only flaw with how good his hearing was tonight was the fact that he could hear everything. Every leaf that ruffled on the tree branches, every squirrel that ran, every swirl of wind that breezed past him. It was hard to focus on one thing when he could hear everything that once. Which is another reason he was walking instead of running; him runner made it even worse to hear anything.

Closing his eyes, Blaze focused all of his hearing on trying to pinpoint Boyd or Cora (who he was still confused as he heard she was dead). Ignoring the winds, leaves and cars, he managed to catch screaming. Children screaming. At least 2 of them.

Blaze run in that direction knowing one of them had to be close. He slowed down when he seen a Boyd standing around a shed. Blaze could sense Scott was already here which led Blaze to quickly go over to them and grabbed the younger boy before they left before Boyd could see them.

Neither of them said anything until they reached the main road as the children cling onto them, "Are you alright?" Blaze asked Scott who nodded and pulled out his phone to call Derek.

"Are you guys, okay?" Blaze asked the children who softy nodded and stayed close to them in fear of what they thought was a monster.

"You lost them?" Derek asked once he picked up the phone.

"Yeah; I kind of had too. I'm with Blaze." Scott spoke.